I would appreciate any help this is making me ill with worry. My neighbours falsely reported me for swearing at their children because we complained about their noise months ago. I have since been interviewed under caution at the Police station, CDs made on her hearsay only. I certainly did not swear at anyone, she has a witness who says I did (surprise!) but my husband was at home and backs me with the truth. Why would I have to endure an under caution interview for such an allegation when her word against mine is all they have ? I have waited two days since the interview for the PC involved to get back to me - she stated after speaking to her sergeant she could hopefully 'clear this up' and put my mind at ease- I've heard nothing. I had no solicitor present as I tried to find out if I really needed one but was ignored by the solicitor office I emailed ?? I also messaged said PC on the mobile number she gave me as I didn't like to call, to ask about the duty solicitor - I was ignored again !? So I went into the interview alone and said I was ok. I need an enhanced DBS for my work - vulnerable adults, I have never been in trouble with the Police ever - and now some vindictive person is trying to ruin me ! I have had time off work with stress as I am struggling with all of this whilst said neighbours just carry on regardless - saying they want me 'Dealing with to the highest possible point' !!? My manager is aware and I am turning into work like a leper waiting for the outcome of this farce !! I could lose my job over this !!! I can not accept a warning or a caution and the PC stated it does not warrant a court case, but what if I refuse any caution or warning because I am innocent ? I am not prepared to have to pay hundreds of pounds for solicitors to add to my worry when I have done absolutely nothing wrong . Can someone really be allowed to do this to an innocent person? We did have a brief argument about noise (again) but I certainly did not swear nor involve her children!!! I would really appreciate any help on this !! 

Thank you 

People make complaints and the police have to investigate. Some of those complaints are false but how does the officer know which those are without investigating? And how can it be proved that a complaint is false when it is one word against the other?
You could have asked for the duty solicitor free of charge. You should have been told this before being interviewed, if not it was a breach of PACE.
If you are innocent DO NOT accept a caution or any other 'warning'. DO NOT sign anything.
You are most likely entitled to Legal Aid so would have free legal help if this did go to court, but I seriously doubt it ever will.
The officer may come back and suggest this gets resolved by some sort of Community Resolution or Restorative Justice 'RJ'. DO NOT agree to any of this.
Say you are totally innocent and you would like the neighbour to be prosecuted for attempting to pervert the course of justice, although as you said this is one word against the other that is unlikely to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reasonable man, thank you for the reply. Yes, I'm innocent, and will refuse a warning or a caution or anything that means I accept the accusation, because I never will. The PC has stated, off record, that it is too trivial for court so I ll take my chances in refusing anything to incriminate me. I thought legal aid was dead and buried ? Or is it available when having to prove your innocence ? The whole legal system is alien to me