Wightman84

March 2018 Intake (Dundee)

I got told at my Assessment Centre that Aberdeen is where they are desperate for recruits, you shouldn't have to wait too long.

Just passed the assessment centre and also looking at a March intake, medical and final fitness to get through (not forgetting the vetting)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just passed my medical yesterday, got my final fitness at the start of February so it looks like I'll def be on the March intake if my vetting comes back ok.

On 1/6/2018 at 12:04, mountaingoat44 said:

I'm looking at March too, got my final fitness and SMT at the start of Feb

I'm the same, medical and uniform fitting tomorrow, final fitness at start of Feb

Hi,

I have my medical next week and had a couple of questions.

1. Do they check waist line at all?

2. Any unexpected issues arising?

3. (This is for anyone has asthma or any indication of it) I have an inhaler but no my diagnosed with it, it was only a trial to see if it helps my chest. The doctor has mentioned this on the form. Would this be a problem for me being deferred? I play sports I’m generally fine, chest is good too now.

Any heads up would be good, really hoping to get in for March!

Thanks in advance :)

4 hours ago, Harry1 said:

Hi,

I have my medical next week and had a couple of questions.

1. Do they check waist line at all?

2. Any unexpected issues arising?

3. (This is for anyone has asthma or any indication of it) I have an inhaler but no my diagnosed with it, it was only a trial to see if it helps my chest. The doctor has mentioned this on the form. Would this be a problem for me being deferred? I play sports I’m generally fine, chest is good too now.

Any heads up would be good, really hoping to get in for March!

Thanks in advance :)

Hey Harry,

1) They do weight and height first. If this pushes your BMI too high then they will double check your physique with a waist line check. My BMI is fine but the guy before me was in the overweight BMI category and he had to have his waist measured.

2/3) If there is anything on the form they will ask you about it. If it has been brought up by your Dr then they may quiz you a little more about it on the day. Ultimately they will decide, based on the information you have provided if you are medically fit enough for the job. Good luck, hope this helps! 

Hey Harry,
1) They do weight and height first. If this pushes your BMI too high then they will double check your physique with a waist line check. My BMI is fine but the guy before me was in the overweight BMI category and he had to have his waist measured.
2/3) If there is anything on the form they will ask you about it. If it has been brought up by your Dr then they may quiz you a little more about it on the day. Ultimately they will decide, based on the information you have provided if you are medically fit enough for the job. Good luck, hope this helps! 

Ah perfect thank you for that!

My BMI is like so borderline 29.6 :-/ trying so hard to lose some weight

13 hours ago, Harry1 said:

Ah perfect thank you for that!

My BMI is like so borderline 29.6 :-/ trying so hard to lose some weight

Well good luck! I hope it all goes well for you :)

Well good luck! I hope it all goes well for you :)

I passed my medical and vetting. Got my final fitness end of feb. March intake is a probability 🤞

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Harry1 said:

I passed my medical and vetting. Got my final fitness end of feb. March intake is a probability 🤞

Nice one Harry. Just 5.4 to beat now!! (formality) 

I spoke to Abdn recruitment and my vetting was still ongoing last week, but they have contacted my referees as well. 

Is there a WhatsApp group for March intake? There’s a couple of us interested, thought i would get a few people together :)

Paid Membership Required

There are 12 hidden replies in this thread. To unlock the forum you will need to be a registered member and have a paid Membership Plan or Recruitment Pass. Click HERE for full details.