Sign in to follow this  
Kyle17290

Possible penalty points.

Hello there, I'm after a bit of help in relation to possible points on my driving licence. I'm currently 3 weeks away from my medical and today I believe I was caught by a speed camera van. Unknowingly keeping up with traffic and went to overtake only to see the camera van but I believe it was all too late. Anyway my question is should I receive 3 or even 6 points will it affect my application??? I've read that upon applying you shouldn't have more than 6 points, so as I'm already at an advanced stage and I shouldn't recieve more than 6 points I should be ok. Second question being, should I inform them as soon as I know the outcome of the situation? Greatly appreciate any answers. Really annoyed with myself for putting myself in this situation.

Edited by Kyle17290

Update. I checked the footage of my dashcam and it turns out when I glanced at the Speedo I miss read it  and I was only doing 65 not what I thought was 75 so all is ok. :)

While it's all worked out, I'd still say, if you do receive any penalty points in the future just be open and upfront about it. You'll most likely not get refused for a few penalty points, it'd be the failure to disclose that would get you. 

I got 3 points just under 2 years ago, didn't cause any issues for me. 

Sign in to follow this