Tango4

Next course -February 2018?

Evening all,

just wondered if anyone had heard anything in regards to when the next intake will be? I know they said February but wasn’t sure if that had been confirmed? 

• Like 1

We are waiting for it to be confirmed and to receive a vacancy list! We will be in touch once we know 

Always best to ask Recruitment - we should know the answers ;) 

Do the MDP ever take on rejoiners like the CNC? I was an AFO with the MDP but left around 2 years ago. I have an app in with the CNC but would prefer to come back to the MDP at Devonport

There is no rejoiners process! Devonport doesn’t have any vacancies at current time 

I start my training on the 12th FEB and have accepted HMNB Portsmouth as my first posting, is any one else going Portsmouth on here? I have been told by recruitment there is 12 of us going

I think the MOD are taking over from the marines to look after HMS Queen Elizabeth next year so that might explain why there is such a large number of us going to Portsmouth 

You are all going landside. We have always had the marine unit at Portsmouth but yes recent uplifts landside & on the marine section due to the QE2 and second carrier due 

You are all going landside. We have always had the marine unit at Portsmouth but yes recent uplifts landside & on the marine section due to the QE2 and second carrier due 

My guess is that he meant the Royal Marines rather than the marine unit, I do believe we’re taking over from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 21/12/2017 at 01:39, Jamess said:

My guess is that he meant the Royal Marines rather than the marine unit, I do believe we’re taking over from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, as James was saying. I was referring the the RM’s. I am hoping to join the marine unit once I get to Portsmouth though.

On 18/12/2017 at 10:46, Njb97 said:

I start my training on the 12th FEB and have accepted HMNB Portsmouth as my first posting, is any one else going Portsmouth on here? I have been told by recruitment there is 12 of us going

Hey Bud, I start training on the 12th and will be based at HMNB Portsmouth as first posting.