•  

Photo

PCSO Application Form

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 azasmith

azasmith

I'm New !

• Newbie Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 06:42 PM

Hi guys.. Currently filling out my Application to become a PCSO.

On the "Police Staff Application Form" on page 9 of 14, It's asking me for experiences/skills etc in the "Person Specification". I know this is for the page marked Essential Criteria on another part of the form where i have 12 points that i presume i must prove i can do each of these. The trouble is some of the points just don't seem answerable... So, can anyone point me in the right direction as another piece of paper is saying " Before completing the application form you will need to read each of the criteria listed under the title - ESSENTIAL CRITERIA. To be able to pass the first stage of the recruitment and selection process you must be able to evidence each of the Essential Criteria. Failure to evidence each of these will result in automatic rejection at this stage.

Something i don't want to do after spending so long faffing(sp?) with the doctors forms and eye application. :unsure:

I've tried the search feature and can't find anything regarding this section...

If you don't know what i'm referring to i can scan them in if necessary...

Edited by azasmith, 02 February 2009 - 06:43 PM.

#2 Jaydee

Jaydee

UKPOLICEONLINE Master

• Senior Resident Members
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:54 PM

I can't seem to recall exactly the section you are talking about but it ounds like the personal statement type section of the application for I filled out. I do not know exactly how they mark it so I can give you an idea of how I filled it out. I basically tried to talk about any work I have done and explain my role in whatever activity I was talking about. Try to cover the core competencies (these are easy to find on the internet) such as teamworking and customer focus. Remember they are not looking for superhumans (no chance of me passing otherwise!) but they are looking for people who are switched on and have good teamworking skills.

Look at the core competencies and then talk about your personal skills and abilities as well as experience you have then try to focus your answers around those competencies. The application form is a bugger but if you spend time on it like it seems you are doing then you will be fine. You are clearly doing your research by posting here so just do the best you can and you should be fine!

#3 azasmith

azasmith

I'm New !

• Newbie Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 01:57 AM

Cheers mate, I'll have a look around. The reason i was so confused was because it was asking to give experiences of things that i'd probably never done or something equally as confusing.. I'll have a look for the CC over the internet tomorrow.. Got the day to spend indoors due to the immense amount of snow... Good incentive to tackle the very last part of the form..

Actually while i'm here... Sending it off when it's complete. Did you all send each part of the forms in seperate envelopes? This seems like the logical thing to do but just want to make sure.. XD

#4 Jaydee

Jaydee

UKPOLICEONLINE Master

• Senior Resident Members
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 02:25 AM

My application was done online, never been a fan of snail mail! :shhh: :lol: