We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk


Resident New Members
  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About jimsmith

  • Rank
    I'm New!
  1. Hi there, Looking for some advice. My wife and I are estranged from her family/in-laws. After a huge falling out three years, she told her father (representing the whole family) not to ever come around to our house. Three years later, today, he appears unannounced and uninvited to a new house we moved into a few months back. This has caused considerable distress to my wife and I am very angry as a result. Her dad did not know where we lived at our new address, so have obtained our address by possibly illegal means. But that's a side issue.* My main concern is what can we do to ensure he does not come to our house again? Can a restraining order be issued at this stage? If not, should I call the police or employ a solicitor to send a warning letter of some description? *Incidentally, is there anything I can do about that? It is quite stalker-ish to find our address without him being given it directly from us. Any advice at all would be most appreciated as we are pretty upset by this invasion of our privacy. Many thanks, "Jim"