We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk


Member (New Bronze) *
  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About Mk37

  • Rank
    I'm New!
  1. Hello, I've recently reported a drug driver (on Friday and again today), I run a business and usually come home for a break at lunch time, a guy on my road smokes cannabis on a daily basis, then after doing so, gets into his car and drives off. I'm not really the type of person who goes reporting things to the police unless I think it merits some kind of action, however in this case I think the dangers surrounding this behaviour are quite obvious hence why it was reported on both occasions. On both occasions the 101 operator has been extremely grateful for the call and information provided, I've provided details and VRM of the car in question and where it'll be generally driven, I'm told that it will go out across the force for "general observations" and hopefully they'll get caught, however nothing has yet been done, and I'm wondering if there's anything else that could assist the police in capturing him driving. How quickly does a complaint made via 101 actually reach the officers on the ground? Would it be worth calling 999 if I see it happening again (as a crime is in progress)? Personally if he was under the influence of alcohol I'd ring 999, surely being under the influence of drugs would merit the same action? Many thanks.