We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk


Member (New Bronze) *
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About HopefulH

  • Rank
    I'm New!
  1. My partner has been charged with section 39, common assault. I haven’t pressed charges but the CPS have decided to go ahead based on witness statements. They have said that he could end up with 6 months in prison for this. Now I am sure that most people say this, but this was the most out of character thing that has ever happened, and I do not want to see him go to prison for this. My question is, is there anything I can do to help in this situation? A statement for the court or anything else? I’m not saying he shouldn’t be punished for this, but not prison.