Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

UKPoliceOnline

Have You Any Useful Guides ?

Folks

We are always looking at ways to increase the amount of useful guides within The Vault and wondered whether you have any that you use on a daily / weekly or occasional basis that you may like to share with others.

New recruits always find them a handy resource and of course we were all in their shoes at some time or another :innocent:

Failing that is there anything that you would like to see in the future within this area ? Do you have any suggestions and if so let us know here please....

Thanks for your time :thumbsup:

Folks

We are always looking at ways to increase the amount of useful guides within The Vault and wondered whether you have any that you use on a daily / weekly or occasional basis that you may like to share with others.

New recruits always find them a handy resource and of course we were all in their shoes at some time or another :innocent:

Failing that is there anything that you would like to see in the future within this area ? Do you have any suggestions and if so let us know here please....

If you haven't yet found your way to becoming a Resident Fed on the forum then please don't be shy, just CLICK HERE for more information on how to become a Resident Fed

Thanks for your time :thumbsup:

I have completed a very detailed and quite sophisticated take home pay calculator for police, pcso and civilian use. I am waiting for a reply from mediators in order to upload it as I don't have authority to upload Excel files to the forum. It calculates take home pay taking into account differing tax and NI rules for last year and this year; it calculates pension contributions; it allows federation, glasses, insurance etc to be added; part time working; it calculated mileage allowance and OVERTIME. The main reason for it was to work out what you WILL be paid next month etc!

It contains VBA so it only works under windoze and not on the Mac - sorry fellow Mac users but this was written to work at work where they only use windoze.

Edited by cowasaki

Sounds great,, look forward to giving it a try,, thanks mate

i am new.i am from china .and i sever in criminal investigation section of chengdu dity .

Would anyone here be able to provide a Fast Track, Not Guilty, Full File list of what MG files are required?

Inc, for a Fast Track, what would the Court, Defence and Prosecutor require?

The lists received so far from colleagues have ticks all over the place and they are not an easy read.

Anything would be helpful.

Thank you.

Slightly 'off-topic', but a good free 'App' available (which is handy for cops) is called: 'haz ref'.

This allows you to type in the HazMat number of any ADR truck into your iPhone, and will tell you instantly the chemical being carried, immediate risks, and safety recommendations.

(You don't even need a phone-signal for it to work!)

Handy if you need an immediate answer, whilst the Control Room are looking things up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Matt C

THIS

http://www.prisonism.co.uk/

is a free guide to prison.

a colleague recommended it to me and it's actually really funny and something we should all know a bit more about!

to be honest I'd even recommend it to people I've nicked.

what do you think

DPP’s Guidance on Charging: When to Refer a Charging Decision to the CPS?

This is an interactive guide:

http://cjsimple.com/

Just answer the questions – it will tell you whether or not it’s a police or CPS charging decision. Tell a friend if you feel it’s any good.

Note:

I created the original guide while an officer in a provincial force – which later bought it. After retiring I was asked to update to the latest guidance to supplement force training.

The force now feels that the guidance is well established and has ended its subscription. This is the guidance - without force badge and force-specific information. I kept the copyright and have already paid the hosting fees until mid-2016 so make the most of it! If it's popular I may keep it going.

Does anyone have any useful guides on the highway code, put together for police revision when studying for driving courses ?

Thanks.

The book's called Road craft and gives information for driving courses, also The Highway Code book.

The book's called Road craft and gives information for driving courses, also The Highway Code book.

Thanks mate

DPP’s Guidance on Charging: When to Refer a Charging Decision to the CPS?

This is an interactive guide:

http://cjsimple.com/

Note:

This is the guidance - without force badge and force-specific information. I kept the copyright and have already paid the hosting fees until mid-2016 so make the most of it! If it's popular I may keep it going.

I guess i was too late as I don't seem to be able to access the site .. oh well!