Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Altair

Gwent Police chat thread

Welcome to the Gwent Police chat thread. :thumbsup:

Anyone sent in applications for the recent recruitment drive? Closing date 15th October 09.

Anyone sent in applications for the recent recruitment drive? Closing date 15th October 09.

Yep sent mine in using the online application system! Only worried that they don't have a physical copy of it, it says they have recieved it though.

I got mine in today, I was going to use the online form, but I found I could fit about 30% more words on in my scrawl, thought maybe I'd have more chance of hitting their tick boxes :lol:

Since I work in IT I have a terrible fear of electronic forms! I took the form in by hand because I don't trust the post either... crikey is that what it's like being plod? not trusting anyone?

Hi guys

New to this website, i've also sent an application into Gwent. Although I had to send the form in Special Delivery to make it in for the closing date thanks to the post office strikes!!

Now the long waiting game begins!

Put my application in last week. Does anyone know roughly what sort of numbers the force is looking to recruit? I can imagine there will be a lot of applications seen as though Gwent are currently the only constabulary taking on.

Put my application in last week. Does anyone know roughly what sort of numbers the force is looking to recruit? I can imagine there will be a lot of applications seen as though Gwent are currently the only constabulary taking on.

Yep only force recruiting at the moment

I would say they will be looking to take on about 20-30 officers - They recently accepted 22 (link) officers at the end of september so I would imagine a similar number. Applications close today so I would guess we would find out if we pass paper sift in the next 6 weeks or so (A complete stab in the dark mind)

Yep only force recruiting at the moment

I would say they will be looking to take on about 20-30 officers - They recently accepted 22 (link) officers at the end of september so I would imagine a similar number. Applications close today so I would guess we would find out if we pass paper sift in the next 6 weeks or so (A complete stab in the dark mind)

Well fingers crossed buddy! Mine are, and my toes!

Well fingers crossed buddy! Mine are, and my toes!

haha tell me about it! Good luck to you too! Have you applied anywhere else before - I have applied for the role of Special in South Wales Police and passed papersift yesterday. I spoke to gwent and they are fine for both applications to continue for the time being :lol: Keep me posted on how your application goes! I have looked around on a fair few forums and there does not seem to be much mention of gwent recruiting - perhaps they all forgot :shhh:

haha tell me about it! Good luck to you too! Have you applied anywhere else before - I have applied for the role of Special in South Wales Police and passed papersift yesterday. I spoke to gwent and they are fine for both applications to continue for the time being :lol: Keep me posted on how your application goes! I have looked around on a fair few forums and there does not seem to be much mention of gwent recruiting - perhaps they all forgot :shhh:

I hope so, but when i was dropping my application off yesterday, I was not alone, I saw at least 5 other people with matching brown envelopes.

I hope so, but when i was dropping my application off yesterday, I was not alone, I saw at least 5 other people with matching brown envelopes.

Yes, I think it will be a busy one for them to be honest - It's a bit foolish to think that there won't be many applicants, but we can hope! The applications have only been open for 2-3 weeks which seems short to me. Hopefully it won't take too long to sort through the applications. Good luck Gernant!

Yes, I think it will be a busy one for them to be honest - It's a bit foolish to think that there won't be many applicants, but we can hope! The applications have only been open for 2-3 weeks which seems short to me. Hopefully it won't take too long to sort through the applications. Good luck Gernant!

looking at their website, it seems that they limited the number of physical application forms they sent out, but any old Muppet could apply using the web form. Personally I hope hardly anyone noticed, but I'm not going to hold my breath

I applied to Thames Valley about a year ago because my fiancé got a job over in Oxfordshire. The day she got the job I checked the could you website and saw TVP were taking applications but for only 2 more days, so I rushed an online app to them and didn't spell check it! :doh: Came back with 12 spelling mistakes, half typos, and they rejected it on that! They said that I would have passed the competency questions but I couldn't spell, which is very harsh. I got a degree with no problems, it was just rushed in 2 days!

Anyway, it goes without saying that I went over this one with a fine tooth comb and hopefully it should get me to the AC.

Settled in Cardiff after uni and working in Bridgend at the mo. The mrs is thinking of trying to find a job over here now!

Where are you based at the minute?

Good luck to everyone!

To give you an idea on numbers trying to get in, I know Dorset had roughly 800 forms which took 4 hours to go. And A & S had 2000 which went in just over a day!

So I think 3 weeks sounds quite a long time!!

Good luck to everyone on this thread!

Geohay - Yea spelling is my issue, just took my time over the application and should be fine. Not looking forward to PIRT been doing spelling tests a lot recently ^_^ makes me feel about 12 years old mind! :lol: I am based in Cardiff so ideally want to work for South Wales Police. Apparently SWP won't be recruiting for some time though so Gwent seemed like the next best option.

Donks37 - Those numbers are shocking - May take them sometime to get through all the applications then! I would imagine that they would get rid of as many people as they can on the paper sift. but 800 forms in 4 hours -madness!