Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Charley991

June 2009 Assessment Centre - PASSED

Hey, just wondered if there was anyone out there in the same position as me?

I passed the assessment centre this month and now I'm waiting on a date for my fitness.

Anyone else passed and waiting for dates for fitness test?

I passed the assessment centre this month and now I'm waiting on a date for my fitness.

Hi there

Thought I would drop you a line and say hi.

I applied to Notts last November and have just passed my medical. Just waiting for refs and vetting and the wait is killing me!!

Good luck with the rest of the process

Amanda

Hi Charley

I too passed my assessment in June and am waiting on my fitness test. There are four intakes lined up for Notts, in Sept, Oct, Nov and Jan, with the Oct intake for transferees. It will depend on which intake your name is marked against on when your fitness test will be. I'm apparently lined up for Jan and so my fitness will be from Sept. So you may wait a while before you hear anything, but fingers crossed for you that you'll hear sooner if you are marked for either the sept or nov intake.

Best wishes

John

Hi John

Thanks for the info, was getting worried that I still hadn't heard anything! When I called they said I was looking at a Dec/Jan start date so I'm guessing it will be January! Is that when you due to start too?

So you reckon our fitness will be in September?

Hey there Charley!

I too have passed the Notts A/C (June 11) and am waiting for a fitness date. I've rung recruitment twice but my name isn't on any of their lists as yet, though I'm in the system at least! Lol

Was wondering if you'd heard anything since?

Mike

Hey there Charley!

I too have passed the Notts A/C (June 11) and am waiting for a fitness date. I've rung recruitment twice but my name isn't on any of their lists as yet, though I'm in the system at least! Lol

Was wondering if you'd heard anything since?

Mike

Hi Mike, thought I would say hello as I did my A/C on same day as you and have been chatting to Charley for the last few months. My name is Alex (female) and originally applied to Derbyshire july 08 but transferred to Notts back in Feb which Im glad about as derbys now looking at 2011 for earliest start date!!! Have got my medical nxt mon (21st) and then fitness on weds (23rd) so dont quite know why you havent got any dates yet, other than my transfer went through just before the Feb recruitment drive which may have put me through quicker?? Been told got provisional start of early Jan but could be 9th Nov if vetting came back quick but Im not holding my breath!!! Keep in touch and really hope you hear something soon as it is so frustrating when you pass A/C then have to wait ages to hear anymore.

Alex

Good Day,

Welcome all of you to Nottinghamshire Police.

I have been in for 4 years now and enjoying every minute of it, if any of you have any questions then dont hesitate to pm me or email me at nottscop @ googlemail.com.

Wish you all the best in your application process.

pacmanjo.

I have had a few questions asking me about Nottinghamshire Police and what it is like to work for, procedures, processes, areas, kit etc. I have compiled a brief summary for new starters or transferee’s alike.

Nottinghamshire Police is split up into 5 policing areas known as Neighbourhood Policing Areas (NPA). The 5 in Nottinghamshire are.

A Division, Covering Mansfield, Ashfield, Hucknall, Sutton & Kirkby

B Division, Covering Worksop, Retford, Newark, Ollerton, Blidworth & Harworth

C Division, Covering the entrire city of Nottingham

D Division, Covering the South of the county & Arnold

OS Division, Not a terrorotial area, supports ABCD with firearms incidents.

A Division, Covering Mansfield, Ashfield, Hucknall, Sutton & Kirkby[/u][/u]

HQ – MANSFIELD POLICE STATION

Covers a wide area just below B division but above C division, covers the main towns of Mansfield, Kirkby in Ashfield, Sutton In Ashfield, Hucknall and smaller villages such as Underwood, Selston & Church Warsop.

CONTAINS 1 X FOOTBALL GROUND (MANSFIELD)

Police Stations at...

Sutton In Ashfield

Mansfield

Hucknall

Mansfield Woodhouse

HQ – WORKSOP POLICE STATION

The largest division in Nottinghamshire but the least staffed, covers mostly rural areas and only small towns such as Worksop, Newark and Ollerton.

Police Stations at...

Retford

Ollerton

Worksop

Newark

HQ – CITY CENTRAL POLICE STATION

The most staffed division in Nottinghamshire, covers the whole City of Nottingham (Known as Greater Nottingham). Covers areas such as St Annes, Snienton, Clifton, Radford, Broxtowe, Wollaton, Bulwell, Bestwood, Aspley & City Centre.

CONTAINS 1 X FOOTBALL GROUND (NOTTS COUNTY)

Police Stations at...

Nottingham City Centre

Radford Road

St Ann’s

Snienton

Clifton

Broxtowe

Wollatton Contact Point

Bulwell

Oxclose Lane

The Meadows

Canning Circus Contact Point

HQ – WEST BRIDGFORD POLICE STATION

Cover the south of the county and the tentacles up either side, covering West Bridgford, East Bridgford, Eastwood, Arnold, Gedling, Carlton & Gotham.

CONTAINS 1 X FOOTBALL GROUND (NOTT’M FOREST)

Police Stations at...

West Bridgford

Arnold

Eastwood

Beeston

Carlton

Bingham

Kimberley Contact Point

YOU MAY NOT SELECT WHERE YOU WORK, YOU WILL BE ISSUED WITH A POSTING.

STUDENT OFFICERS & SHIFTS

All student officers come into the force at the training centre in Hucknall. Once trained they go to their respective stations and follow a shift, there are 5 shifts in total (1,2,3,4 and 5). They all work at different times and cross over each other. Each shift typically carries 4 officers and 1 sergeant (in some areas this is 6, 8 or even 12 stafff, in this case there are 2 sergeants).

Shift patterns currently (as of Nov 09) follow a 2 x 2 x 2 x 4 pattern.

2 x Day Shifts 0700-1700*

2 x Afters Shifts 1500-0000*

2 x Night Shifts 2200-0700

4 x Rest Days (96 Hours)

* When your any of your afters shifts falls on a Friday or a Saturday you have to work until 0100 for this shift HOWEVER you get to leave at 1600 hours on your previous day shifts

DEPARTMENTS

All student officers start in Response.

UNIFORM

Nottinghamshire Police are urrently undergoing a Uniform change and we are mid way through. The Uniform for response is

• BLACK T SHIRT WITH ‘POLICE’ LOGO ON IT

• COLLAR NUMBER / NAME EMBROIDERED ON SLEEVE

• STAB VEST

• BLACK TROUSERS

• YOUR OWN BOOTS (you supply).

Currently BC and D Divisions wear the traditional White shirt and tie, this is changing Feb 10.

POLICE VEHICLES

Nottinghamshire Police use Ford and Skoda as their vehicles, Student officers may drive category 4 vehicles after a short assessment. (Low Powered cars, non response, below 115bhp)

Grade 3+ training is given after 18 months – 2 years, this entitles you to drive 115bhp-150bhp cars in Response (Blue light) mode.

Fuel is supplied at selected Police Stations.

CUSTODY CENTRES

Nottinghamshire have 6, Bridewell, Carlton, Mansfield, Newark, Worksop and Oxclose. You must use your local Centre (space permitting).

SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGY

Our computer network is Windows, we use Microsoft Office, Outlook and pre written software for Crime Recording (CRMS) and Incident Managment (CMS Vision).

Every officer has a BlackBerry with access to Force Systems on it including Cirvica PNC

TRAFFIC / ROAD POLICING

Nottinghamshire does not have one, Response officers are required to attend Traffic Incidents. ARV’s have limited traffic roles. ANPR teams are small and rare, Motorway Police are also small and dont work nights.

COMMUNICATIONS

Each officer has a Force Mobile, for force use only. Your encouraged NOT to use your personal radio for Telephone Calls as this ties up the system.

The force identifier for Nottinghamshire is “NHâ€

The force is number 31.

Hope this information is of Some use.

Pacmanjo.

Anyone have news on a new recruitment process?? I've passed everything with Leics (start in the year 2030 !!!) and was hoping to transfer app???? for a quicker start.... i actually live in Notts before you raise and eybrow lol...

Anyone have news on a new recruitment process?? I've passed everything with Leics (start in the year 2030 !!!) and was hoping to transfer app???? for a quicker start.... i actually live in Notts before you raise and eybrow lol...

I don't know anything about Nottingham but you are right in thinking that nothing much will be happening in Leicester for a while. It looks as if they have stopped all recruitment for at least 12 months.

Wow, thats a stack of info worth knowing pacmanjo, location wise, do they have a look at where you live when posting you out or could you end up as far north as you can go (Retford....etc) ?

I have had a few questions asking me about Nottinghamshire Police and what it is like to work for, procedures, processes, areas, kit etc. I have compiled a brief summary for new starters or transferee’s alike.

Nottinghamshire Police is split up into 5 policing areas known as Neighbourhood Policing Areas (NPA). The 5 in Nottinghamshire are.

A Division, Covering Mansfield, Ashfield, Hucknall, Sutton & Kirkby

OS Division, Not a terrorotial area, supports ABCD with firearms incidents.

A Division, Covering Mansfield, Ashfield, Hucknall, Sutton & Kirkby[/u][/u]

HQ – MANSFIELD POLICE STATION

Covers a wide area just below B division but above C division, covers the main towns of Mansfield, Kirkby in Ashfield, Sutton In Ashfield, Hucknall and smaller villages such as Underwood, Selston & Church Warsop.

CONTAINS 1 X FOOTBALL GROUND (MANSFIELD)

Police Stations at...

Sutton In Ashfield

Mansfield

Hucknall

Mansfield Woodhouse

HQ – WORKSOP POLICE STATION

The largest division in Nottinghamshire but the least staffed, covers mostly rural areas and only small towns such as Worksop, Newark and Ollerton.

Police Stations at...

Retford

Ollerton

Worksop

Newark

HQ – CITY CENTRAL POLICE STATION

The most staffed division in Nottinghamshire, covers the whole City of Nottingham (Known as Greater Nottingham). Covers areas such as St Annes, Snienton, Clifton, Radford, Broxtowe, Wollaton, Bulwell, Bestwood, Aspley & City Centre.

CONTAINS 1 X FOOTBALL GROUND (NOTTS COUNTY)

Police Stations at...

Nottingham City Centre

Radford Road

St Ann’s

Snienton

Clifton

Broxtowe

Wollatton Contact Point

Bulwell

Oxclose Lane

The Meadows

Canning Circus Contact Point

HQ – WEST BRIDGFORD POLICE STATION

Cover the south of the county and the tentacles up either side, covering West Bridgford, East Bridgford, Eastwood, Arnold, Gedling, Carlton & Gotham.

CONTAINS 1 X FOOTBALL GROUND (NOTT’M FOREST)

Police Stations at...

West Bridgford

Arnold

Eastwood

Beeston

Carlton

Bingham

Kimberley Contact Point

YOU MAY NOT SELECT WHERE YOU WORK, YOU WILL BE ISSUED WITH A POSTING.

STUDENT OFFICERS & SHIFTS

All student officers come into the force at the training centre in Hucknall. Once trained they go to their respective stations and follow a shift, there are 5 shifts in total (1,2,3,4 and 5). They all work at different times and cross over each other. Each shift typically carries 4 officers and 1 sergeant (in some areas this is 6, 8 or even 12 stafff, in this case there are 2 sergeants).

Shift patterns currently (as of Nov 09) follow a 2 x 2 x 2 x 4 pattern.

2 x Day Shifts 0700-1700*

2 x Afters Shifts 1500-0000*

2 x Night Shifts 2200-0700

4 x Rest Days (96 Hours)

* When your any of your afters shifts falls on a Friday or a Saturday you have to work until 0100 for this shift HOWEVER you get to leave at 1600 hours on your previous day shifts

DEPARTMENTS

All student officers start in Response.

UNIFORM

Nottinghamshire Police are urrently undergoing a Uniform change and we are mid way through. The Uniform for response is

• BLACK T SHIRT WITH ‘POLICE’ LOGO ON IT

• COLLAR NUMBER / NAME EMBROIDERED ON SLEEVE

• STAB VEST

• BLACK TROUSERS

• YOUR OWN BOOTS (you supply).

Currently BC and D Divisions wear the traditional White shirt and tie, this is changing Feb 10.

POLICE VEHICLES

Nottinghamshire Police use Ford and Skoda as their vehicles, Student officers may drive category 4 vehicles after a short assessment. (Low Powered cars, non response, below 115bhp)

Grade 3+ training is given after 18 months – 2 years, this entitles you to drive 115bhp-150bhp cars in Response (Blue light) mode.

Fuel is supplied at selected Police Stations.

CUSTODY CENTRES

Nottinghamshire have 6, Bridewell, Carlton, Mansfield, Newark, Worksop and Oxclose. You must use your local Centre (space permitting).

SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGY

Our computer network is Windows, we use Microsoft Office, Outlook and pre written software for Crime Recording (CRMS) and Incident Managment (CMS Vision).

Every officer has a BlackBerry with access to Force Systems on it including Cirvica PNC

TRAFFIC / ROAD POLICING

Nottinghamshire does not have one, Response officers are required to attend Traffic Incidents. ARV’s have limited traffic roles. ANPR teams are small and rare, Motorway Police are also small and dont work nights.

COMMUNICATIONS

Each officer has a Force Mobile, for force use only. Your encouraged NOT to use your personal radio for Telephone Calls as this ties up the system.

The force identifier for Nottinghamshire is “NHâ€

The force is number 31.

Hope this information is of Some use.

Pacmanjo.

Wow, thats a stack of info worth knowing pacmanjo, location wise, do they have a look at where you live when posting you out or could you end up as far north as you can go (Retford....etc) ?

They do yes, chances are youll go to B Division.

Anyone doing their training now ? If so i have a mate doing his training in Hucknall and you must give him grief......

His name is Dan !!

I am not as far as training yet, still waiting for the "window

of opportunity" to transfer my application to notts from another

force, fingers and legs crossed from here!

I'm hoping to apply in march/april (heard Notts are recruiting then) I had a question about the degree corse. If you were to fail it could that mean failing your probation? Or with it being on-the-job so to speak does it make it quite hard to fail so I shouldnt worry? (lots of hurdles to go before then I know but I like to be prepared)

Are they looking at March/April time then? I hope so as I am hoping to spply to a force this year, and GMP and Cheshire look like 2011 at the earliest now. Does anyone know how Notts look on debt issues? I dont have any IVA's etc but do have quite a large amount of debt and I have set up a debt management plan about 2 years ago now. GMP failed me on vetting last feb after passing everything else but after appealing they suggested I re-apply in 12 months time and they would look 'favourably' on me if I was still making regular payments. Obviously now they go and hold recruitment indefintely! Merseyside basically told me not to bother even applying if the debt wasnt clear, Cheshire indicated that it probably wouldnt be a problem with them as long as I could prove the payments (and again go and delay recruitment!) so Im hoping Notts would go smoothly. I live on Stoke BTW so im quite central to a few forces and dont mind a commute until I can move!

Does anyone know as well if i come from 'out of town' as it were - would Notts work like GMP in that I would probably get posted to the city centre?