Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

marko

30th November intake

HI all, well its the 30th November starters up next, now that October guys started this morning (best of luck to them all for the future) :clapping: I cant wait to start :thumbsup:

HI all, well its the 30th November starters up next, now that October guys started this morning (best of luck to them all for the future) :clapping: I cant wait to start :thumbsup:

Well i've had a letter today saying that i am unlikely to get a place now until April.

The missus is really pissed off as am i. We get married in 2 weeks - i live in Cheshire she lives West Mids.

The thought of being married and living apart and me having to commute till April next year is not exactly ideal or appealing.

Any ideas anyone??

I was just about to come on and say the same thing...

I got a letter today basically sayin' that all intakes are full until April 2010...gutting, as I wanted to be in before my application hits the 2 year mark....Oh well....

:ph34r:

Well i've had a letter today saying that i am unlikely to get a place now until April.

The missus is really pissed off as am i. We get married in 2 weeks - i live in Cheshire she lives West Mids.

The thought of being married and living apart and me having to commute till April next year is not exactly ideal or appealing.

Any ideas anyone??

Sorry to here bout the long wait can i ask when did you pass your medical as i passed mine on the 14th of may 09 and now they have told me that i wont be getting started untill atleast march?

Sorry to here bout the long wait can i ask when did you pass your medical as i passed mine on the 14th of may 09 and now they have told me that i wont be getting started untill atleast march?

October 7th 2009

Hi

First of all well done on getting through all the hoops you must be well chuffed

Just wondering if I could ask some advice?

I had my final interview at the end of September for GMP which I passed.

Although they are not taking anyone on now until April 2010 due to budget I really want to know where I'm up to with vetting just peace of mind really

Can I ask did you ring up recruitment to check you'd passed vetting or did they send a letter?

Cheers :bye:

Hi

First of all well done on getting through all the hoops you must be well chuffed

Just wondering if I could ask some advice?

I had my final interview at the end of September for GMP which I passed.

Although they are not taking anyone on now until April 2010 due to budget I really want to know where I'm up to with vetting just peace of mind really

Can I ask did you ring up recruitment to check you'd passed vetting or did they send a letter?

Cheers :bye:

I was sent a ltter saying that i had passed the vetting stage and that they would write to me with a date for the medical (was told by the Occ health my medical was in order) then after that was passed got another letter to say they would write with a date for the fitness test, i was told i had passed the fitness on the day. They then wrote to say that i had passed the fitness and they would be writing shortly with a start date, that's when i got another letter saying no start till April 2010 - oh how my fiance welcomed that news - NOT!!

Edited : Due to dyslexic fingers.

Edited by mrgrumpy

Hello All,

Are you talking about specials intakes? Or are they finally letting us in?

Im one of the famouse 180 who has been waiting 4 years... heartbreaking.

They innitially said they wouldnt take me and that i would have to apply to my local force, which meant re-doing all the tests. I sent an email explaining my situation, and they agreed yesterday to get me join the west mids specials. Happy days, some progress at last!

Random Question, can you work with the dog units as a special? I remember one chap mentioned working with some kind of weapons unit as a special for his local force.

Bosun.

hi bosun

good to hear a bit of good news for you there! did they mention anything about regulars recruitment seen as the last update didnt give much info.

when did you hear off recruitment about applying to your local force? i live in stoke-on-trent and im currently on hold too.

im a special with Staffs police and they allow you to work with the dog unit, dont know whether this is the same for west mids :thumbsup:

kieran

Hey bosun, the regulars recruitment is frozen harder than the arctic! As for working as a special with central units like dogs, its unlikely. Most specials in the west mids are aligned to neighbourhood teams as these can accomodate more flexible hours, that many specials work. Some specials come in and work with response but i think slowly they have been changed so that the majority do neighbourhood work. You do see specials at football matches tho, doing the traffic stuff where the exclusion zones around ground are (ie so people can walk in the road to the ground.)