Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  
Tash_HGC

Police Interviews

Hi I am transferring my application from N. Wales. I am aware that Merseyside have added an Inetview and Typing Test Section. I wondered if anyone knows what is going to be covered / format of this phase. There is not much info on net.

Thanks Tash

As far as I'm aware its like the old school one ie

"What do you know about Merseyside police"

"Why do you want to join"

"What are the different communities you will find in merseyside"

"Diversity questions" x2

I think they may have What would you do in this scenario too

ie "If a colleague said something anti diverse, what would you do"

I think the typing test is 25wpm and no more than a couple of mistakes. You are supposed to copy the text you are given, errors and all.

I HAVE NOT DONE EITHER OF THESE, SO PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG (and no breach of secrecy :innocent:

Sammy pretty much hit it on the head. Basically, try and gain a general knowledge of Merseyside Police and the minotiry groups within Merseyside.

Revise their website, look at local problems; know the areas/BCUs. Everything you need to know is on the website.

In regards to the typing test, I don't have the exact number - just type as fast as you can and write what you see, as you see it!

Good luck.

Hi Mate. I see you transferring your application to merseyside, are you able to do this right when they are not recruiting? thanks.

Hi All, thank you soo much!!!! this is a massive help. I've passed my application and assment centre, so I am just waiting for a date for interveiw and typing test. I've gone on Merseyside webcite and printed off all of the action plans for there force areas. Do you think I will need to do much more else? I've asked my sister to save me the local paper so I can keep uptp date with current policing issues in the area.

Thanks again Tash xxxx

Hi Mate. I see you transferring your application to merseyside, are you able to do this right when they are not recruiting? thanks.

Hi they are recruiting fromm the 19th, I'm so excited!!!

Sammy pretty much hit it on the head. Basically, try and gain a general knowledge of Merseyside Police and the minotiry groups within Merseyside.

Revise their website, look at local problems; know the areas/BCUs. Everything you need to know is on the website.

In regards to the typing test, I don't have the exact number - just type as fast as you can and write what you see, as you see it!

Good luck.

Hi Thanks for your help. Quick question what is BCUs.

Tash

I'm transferring too....... yipee. so excited!

Stacy

Basic Command Unit

Merseyside is broken up into 5:

Alpha = Wirral

Bravo = Sefton (Boootle - Southport)

Charlie = Knowsley (Huyton/Prescot)

Delta = St Helens (yes your sister is your mother)

Echo = City centre, anfield, everton, Croxteth, Norris Green

Foxtrot = Speke (airport), Toxteth

they are the different sections on the map on the home page that come alive when you hover over them.

Basic Command Unit

Merseyside is broken up into 5:

Alpha = Wirral

Bravo = Sefton (Boootle - Southport)

Charlie = Knowsley (Huyton/Prescot)

Delta = St Helens (yes your sister is your mother)

Echo = City centre, anfield, everton, Croxteth, Norris Green

Foxtrot = Speke (airport), Toxteth

they are the different sections on the map on the home page that come alive when you hover over them.

Thanks Sammy this is a massive help!

Tash

I'm transferring too....... yipee. so excited!

Stacy

Hi Stacy,

How far along in the process are you? Where are you transferring from?

Tash xxx

Thanks Sammy this is a massive help!

Tash

Hi Stacy,

How far along in the process are you? Where are you transferring from?

Tash xxx

Hi Tash,

I have completed my assessment in cumbria last jan...i then transferred my application to GMP (due to the fact that i was no long tied to that area anymore and i had friends in manc), unfortunately failed final interview in march last year. Just called and they took my details etc....said they would get back to me, not sure what that means!!!

What about you?

Stacy x

Hi Tash,

I have completed my assessment in cumbria last jan...i then transferred my application to GMP (due to the fact that i was no long tied to that area anymore and i had friends in manc), unfortunately failed final interview in march last year. Just called and they took my details etc....said they would get back to me, not sure what that means!!!

What about you?

Stacy x

Hi Stacy, i was feeling really motivated and excited this morning, but when I called they said they'd let me know if they will accept my application in a week or so. I'm trying to think positive but can't help feeling a bit worried. Have you started your application again or will they just give you an interview date (provided they accept your application)? Tash xxx

Hi Stacy, i was feeling really motivated and excited this morning, but when I called they said they'd let me know if they will accept my application in a week or so. I'm trying to think positive but can't help feeling a bit worried. Have you started your application again or will they just give you an interview date (provided they accept your application)? Tash xxx

yeah me too....she just said they would let me know! that was it, i'm deflated.

When they emailed they just said i should call this number to transfer on the 19th! nothing about 'let me know'.... yoosers

I should be able to continue with my assessment score (runs out tomorrow thou).....dont know how this works really. I thought they would have to accept it...is it all down to discreationary again - i really dont know, everyone does something different.

What was your assessment score?

Stacy x

yeah me too....she just said they would let me know! that was it, i'm deflated.

When they emailed they just said i should call this number to transfer on the 19th! nothing about 'let me know'.... yoosers

I should be able to continue with my assessment score (runs out tomorrow thou).....dont know how this works really. I thought they would have to accept it...is it all down to discreationary again - i really dont know, everyone does something different.

What was your assessment score?

Stacy x

I know arrrggghhh! They seemed really happy at first to accept my application. They may get you to do the AC again, if it runs out. I got 56 in October, I did my AC with Merseyside because they were doing a syndicate with extra time, where as NW were not doing one i'd been waiting for my AC for 6months before I got one. I hope it will go in my favour that I did my AC with them. What score did you get? Xxx

I know arrrggghhh! They seemed really happy at first to accept my application. They may get you to do the AC again, if it runs out. I got 56 in October, I did my AC with Merseyside because they were doing a syndicate with extra time, where as NW were not doing one i'd been waiting for my AC for 6months before I got one. I hope it will go in my favour that I did my AC with them. What score did you get? Xxx

nah, fingers crossed i shouldnt have to do the ac again because i'm still within the time limit of a year when they advertise and apply...

i got 67% with cumbria... xx

fingers crossed ey!

nah, fingers crossed i shouldnt have to do the ac again because i'm still within the time limit of a year when they advertise and apply...

i got 67% with cumbria... xx

fingers crossed ey!

Great! Well good luck and let me know how you got on xxx

Great! Well good luck and let me know how you got on xxx

Hi Stacy

How did you get on??? I found out yesterday they have accepted my application.

Tash xxx