Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Bobbylad82

Applied for Merseyside

Hi everyone.

Applied to Merseyside Police and thought that was difficult enough but now after reading everyones topics about the criteria the recruitment team use im really starting to worry!!

I think i'd make a very good police officer but am worried that my finances might not be right, i might not be fit enough, i've not answered questions properly, the list goes on......

anyone else worried and they've only just submitted or do i just need to relax a bit!!

If your not fit, do something about it - likely hood is it will be months and months before your tested on that. As for the finances, if you have ccjs, bankruptcys, debt repayment plans then you might struggle, but if you just have say a loans / credit cards / mortgage etc and your making the payments on it, i wouldnt worry at all.

If your not fit, do something about it - likely hood is it will be months and months before your tested on that. As for the finances, if you have ccjs, bankruptcys, debt repayment plans then you might struggle, but if you just have say a loans / credit cards / mortgage etc and your making the payments on it, i wouldnt worry at all.

cheers,

the fitness isn't a major concern, i was probably being a bit melodramatic.

I do have debt replayment plans but never got as far as ccj's or bankruptcy. I was unemployedd for 10 mnths in 2008 so debts got on top of me but i'm paying them back.

i did explain it on my application but will it go against me??

Hi Bobbyslad82 dont worry about it. Alot of people have fallen into debt because of the recession-even rich people! if you where made redundant in 2008 its not your fault and im sure if you explain what happened to HR they will fully understand. The fact that you are trying to reapy the bills shows you are an honest person with good intentions, and determination-many people who fall into debt for various reasons dont even make the effort to repay what they owe! Dont worry about the fitness either you can get reasonably fit in a month! and youve got ages to go before you even hit that stage of recruitment! Im sure your application form is fine too!

:thumbsup:

Jonny

Hi all,

I too applied in January for Merseyside and I'm very much playing the waiting game! Any ideas how long it takes from the closing of the Application period to finding out if you've passed the 1st stage?

Thanks

Chris

Hi all,

I too applied in January for Merseyside and I'm very much playing the waiting game! Any ideas how long it takes from the closing of the Application period to finding out if you've passed the 1st stage?

Thanks

Chris

Chris,

it does take time for the applications to be assessed, firstly they are sifted by the recruitment department for things like eligibility, spelling and grammar etc. then they are forwarded to NPIA for the competency questions to be marked.

So as you can see if there are a lot of applications it can take some time and they will only let you know when they have all results in place.

It’s just a waiting game, but be patient and the recruitment staff will get back to you.

Regards

bravo4

cheers,

the fitness isn't a major concern, i was probably being a bit melodramatic.

I do have debt replayment plans but never got as far as ccj's or bankruptcy. I was unemployedd for 10 mnths in 2008 so debts got on top of me but i'm paying them back.

i did explain it on my application but will it go against me??

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but youll fail on that score, it happened to me, i came to an agreement with my loan company because i was misold ppi, but merpol would not accept my app even though i have no late payments and have kept to agreement.

jibber74