Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

ewanj6

Intake 2010

According to the Caerphilly edition of the free paper 'Campaign', Gwent police are set to recruit over the next 9 months, which is in contradiction to their website site which says no recruitment to 2011. Was wondering if anybody had heard any different, or had any light to shed on the matter

According to the Caerphilly edition of the free paper 'Campaign', Gwent police are set to recruit over the next 9 months, which is in contradiction to their website site which says no recruitment to 2011. Was wondering if anybody had heard any different, or had any light to shed on the matter

Im sure i read somewhere on the Force website that the force has been given a bigger budget for the next financial year. it also says that they will be recruiting 150 officers.

edit

http://www.gwent.police.uk/news.php?a=2498

hope this helps.

Edited by southwalesjon

Hi,

I asked this very question in my recent final interview with Gwent. I was told by a lady from HR that the proposed 150 officers that are going to be recruited over the next year was infact 144 officers ( to be exact) which would MORE THAN LIKELY be made up of a mixture of rejoiners, transferees, PCSO and PC recruitment.

To be honest I don't think anything is set in stone yet.

Watch this space.

M