Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

OldMemberNewName

MAST training

In our force, as I understand it, Neighbourhood officers do not have to do MAST training, only response officers. That got me wondering what other departments/officers miss out on the joy that is MAST?

In our force, as I understand it, Neighbourhood officers do not have to do MAST training, only response officers. That got me wondering what other departments/officers miss out on the joy that is MAST?

What's MAST training if you don't mind me asking?

I'm aware of MASTS but that certainly wouldnt be trained to everyone. not even response officers.

give us all a clue! :wink:

I've only ever heard of Response and PDU tutor cons being MAST trained. Two of our tutor cons are doing the upcoming footy games.

I have yet to be issued my MAST gear.

Its pretty much voluntary mate. You stick yourself down for it via supervision.

If you want to do the footy (which is now inside/outside aid and paid by the clubs as private cost overtime) you have to have done your MAST. I'm now dirty neighbourhood and have since requalified.

I really recommend doing it. You get more experience doing public order at events and makes you abit more well rounded as a bobby :biggrin:

It isn't voluntary in my area (for response officers) Sammy and hasn't been for years. I'm loaded onto it year after year as are all my colleagues despite some of us not really wanting to do it. There are plenty of volunteers so i don't know why they don't do the same as the Met and take volunteers across the board i.e. people who like being petrol bombed or enjoy having no rest days and loads of overtime!!!

Apparantly a recent MAST course had 2 Tac Ex's of 30 minutes each. To think we never use the majority of the course it seems a bit over the top...

What area are you Scouse Booby?

Im Neighbourhood and I do mast. I hope they let me renew. The rumor is they wont. They use me a lot thought for PSU's on recent protests. Be stupid to not let me renew if I want to.