Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  
County_homeboy

Life after paragon.....want some ideas

Hi guys and girls well ive been given a lifeline and my medical appeal has been upheld so im one step closer to transferring to west mids. I wondered what life is like following paragon?

Hi guys and girls well ive been given a lifeline and my medical appeal has been upheld so im one step closer to transferring to west mids. I wondered what life is like following paragon?

Personally, I think Paragon has been a massive failure. Hopefully they will fix it as promised. I wont go into details here but if you want to PM me thats fine.

Not held to be a good thing by a single person I have spoken to face to face however much it has been lauded by the upper echelons. whether it has been effective across the board is way above my pay grade but it aint a popular change.

It's a massive change of pretty much everything at the same time which makes it much harder to adjust to! Plus they have to continually tweak it to iron out different issues that pop up! That n the fact it's come during a time when forces have to make cuts means that although we can make changes more easily than some forces, performance is suffering! Still I'm sure you'll be made to feel welcome when you land! *edit for spelling

Edited by ammo

That n the fact it's come during a time when forces have to make cuts means that although we can make changes more easily than some forces, performance is suffering! Still I'm sure you'll be made to feel welcome when you land! *edit for spelling

I agree with this but Id argue Paragon has come BECAUSE of the cuts. The changes were pre empted by the Chief and implemented earlier than other forces. I think every force will have to do something similar and at least we are (potentially) through the worst. At least anyone joining the force now whether as a transferee OR new joiner (not likely!) will not have known any different. Ultimately I feel that Im lucky to have a job and despite some personal issues that ideally Id like to resolve there really is little to complain about...for now!

K

I agree with this but Id argue Paragon has come BECAUSE of the cuts. The changes were pre empted by the Chief and implemented earlier than other forces. I think every force will have to do something similar and at least we are (potentially) through the worst. At least anyone joining the force now whether as a transferee OR new joiner (not likely!) will not have known any different. Ultimately I feel that Im lucky to have a job and despite some personal issues that ideally Id like to resolve there really is little to complain about...for now!

K

Kristo, I agree with you mate, very people can really argue that Paragon was about improving performance. It was always about saving money. I find it very hard to accept, reducing opening hours at stations or having less officers makes us more effective. You might be more efficient in the long run but certainly not better performing. The crime figures show that already. The positive of Paragon is as I said we are better placed than some forces to deal with the cuts.

well i never made it after being messed around for months the doors closed to west mids i was culled along with all the other transferees in the system when the government announced the cut backs. So now im stuck living away from my family for 5/6 days at a time just hoping that come april something somewhere might open up, if not come june/july i will have to look to leave the force after 11 good years

Hi Guys

interesting thread.

speedy.

Edited by speedy007