Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  
sandrat

New Recruit Training

Can anyway confirm the length off the new recruit training (for newbies off the street), how long is class room portion, how long with mentor.

Edited by sandrat

Can anyway confirm the length off the new recruit training (for newbies off the street), how long is class room portion, how long with mentor.

Hi,

I am currently 1 of 44 recruits ( 2 classes of 22) doing my IPLDP with Gwent at Cwmbran.

The classroom based training is 21 weeks and the tutored stage is a further 10 weeks.

Following this you are (hopefully) passed for independent patrol, then you have to complete a full 2 years,

from your initial start date, to satisfy you probationary period.

Hope this helps, any further queries then just ask.

if u pass the fitness (the last test out of them all) are you definately guarenteed a police officer job (training) when spaces appear if full

if u pass the fitness (the last test out of them all) are you definately guarenteed a police officer job (training) when spaces appear if full

Hi,

Obviously I can't give you a definitive answer to this question as I do not work in recruitment, but, as you may well know, the Chief Constable has the right to withdraw any person's application at any stage of the recruitment process! This also includes if you have passed everything. So to answer your question, in my opinion, I would say NO you are not.

One thing I do know though, is that even when you have successfully completed the fitness test, your recruitment process is still ongoing because the force will still be waiting for your drugs test results and vetting.

Also, I'm not sure if they have changed the recruitment process but my last "test" was the medical.

Cheers

Thanks for the info MJA, looking forward to having a head the size of a space hopper.

got my med first and fitness last.

any ideas what comes next?

got my med first and fitness last.

any ideas what comes next?

Im due for my drug screen and uniform fit very shortly, can anyone confirm what uniform you are initially issued, are you just measured and fitted on the fitting day and issued your kit closer to your starting date (i would be nice to have your boots to break in)

Many thanks

Im due for my drug screen and uniform fit very shortly, can anyone confirm what uniform you are initially issued, are you just measured and fitted on the fitting day and issued your kit closer to your starting date (i would be nice to have your boots to break in)

Many thanks

Hi,

You are measured for your trousers, T-shirts (and shirts), hat and body armour and fleeces/jackets.

We had our uniform a couple of weeks in to our course, but the norm is to get issued on your first day.

I will try and list everything below -

5 x black wicking shirts

2 x white shirts ( for parade and formal use)

1 x black tie

3 x black combat trousers

1 x winter fleece

1 x summer fleece

1 x waterproof jacket

1 x water proof trousers

1 x custodian helmat

1 x flat cap

1 x hi vis jacket

1 x tunic

1 x parade trousers

1 x leather gloves

1 x ASP (baton) plus holder

1 x Speed cuffs ( 2 keys) plus holder

1 x Pava (spray) holder

1 x first aid kit ( sort of thing)

a couple of random pouches

1 x body armour ( should get this around week 8 - 10)

2 x belts

2 x P.A.C.E Act books

1 x pocket notebook leather holder

You do not get a warrant card holder but these can be bought for £12 ( worth it but I don't know why they charge)

poss more but I can't think of anything at the minute

Regards

Mja

when do you hear about ur uniform fitting day? got my drug test in 6 days and havnt heard about the fitting dates etc? Passed the med, fitness though and i know they recieved a really good reference off my current employer

Sign in to follow this