Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  
ThE_SeeKeR

New Intakes

Anyone know when they are expecting to have new intakes?

i heard they are looking for over 100 new officers and have 2nd interviews going on now

and a september A/C

there was a may A/C and those of us left are on the drug test stage having passed everything apart from vetting and references.

so if any1 knows maybe when they are taking on / provisional start dates and how it would work for us who are so far ahead of those who are just starting

• Like 1

i heard they are looking for over 100 new officers and have 2nd interviews going on now

and a september A/C

there was a may A/C and those of us left are on the drug test stage having passed everything apart from vetting and references.

so if any1 knows maybe when they are taking on / provisional start dates and how it would work for us who are so far ahead of those who are just starting

That's right, Gwent have to recruit another 100 more police officers to honour the Chief's pledge of 150 new officers.

There are currently 44 training at vantage point, thus leaving just over 100 officers to recruit.

A little birdy tells me that there will be a start date for officers in august, a start date for officers in september plus an additional start date in september for PCSO's who are being fast tracked on a 12 week course, a start date poss in november and maybe a start date in January.

I'm not sure how set in stone any of those dates are though.

As far as your question of you versus the people who are just starting the process.... from what I can see, it tends to be first come first served.

Obviously I don't act or speak on behalf of Gwent police on any of these issues, What i have stated is purely what I have heard and my take on things. If in doubt, ring recruitment, they are good as gold.

Good luck

Does this answer your question ?

Intake of 22 on 29/03/10 to complete training on 20/08/10

• Intake of 22 on 26/04/10 to complete training on 17/09/10

• Intake of 22 on 31/08/10 to complete training on 28/01/11

• Intake of 22 on 27/09/10 to complete training on 25/02/11

• Intake of 12 on 27/09/10 to complete training on 10/12/10 (Fast Track PCSO’s)

• Intake of 22 on 10/01/11 to complete training on 03/06/11

• 28 Transferees to be recruited between April and December 2010.

(including the 5 transferees who are commencing on 6 April 2010)

150 new officers will have been recruited by December 2010.

(including the 22 commencing on 10 January 2010)

ok cool. well me and about 20/22 others have a drug test tomorrow.

which means we have done everything we need to do so will have to see what next?

• Like 1

and a september A/C

I also attended the May A/C, and am not as far ahead in the process yet as you, and also at least 10 others that attended the same A/C that I am aware of.

I have my second interview on Monday, and still have the medical and fitness to pass, so it would seem that there are a few of us inbetween you and the ones just starting too.

Anyway, congrats on passing everything so far :-)

Thanks for the info on the transferee posts, I'm looking to transfer from SWP.

Got any more info on the transferee side of things?

Anyone else planning on transferring from another force to Gwent?

Sign in to follow this