Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  

CNC and RMP

Hi, hopefully someone can clear this up for me:

I'm currently applying for the CNC, with the RMP as my 'back-up' option should I fail to get into the CNC. If this happens, would the 6-month gap between applications apply with the RMP? I'm assuming it won't as it's the military, not a home office force, but I'd like to be sure.

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies. ^_^

I would say there would be no restrictions. When applying to the RMP you are applying to the army with police officer as your trade of choice so it's not really a 'police' application if that makes sense.

You might want to check at the local AFCO to see if they're recruiting RMP.. You might have a little wait to get started.. Just a thought, as I'm ex-forces and considered that job myself. However, am starting with CNC in 4 weeks and kinda glad i didn't now.

Good luck in whatever you choose.

Matt

jimmy_t: Makes sense, that's pretty much my assumption of the matter.

Tommo1981: Thanks for the advice. Haven't checked with the AFCO yet, but there's an application option for the RMP on the Army website, I assume they are recruiting. I shall double check though.

Thanks to you both. ^_^

Edited by Affliction

I note that this is an old topic however those thinking of joining the Royal Military Police should be aware that they are joining the Army as a soldier whose job is to perform military police duties.

In all Army trades be it a cook, motor mechanic, truck driver or military police you are first and foremost a soldier.

Do your own research.

:thumbsup:

A soldier with the powers to really spoil your day. I was that monkey! ;)

Yep - nick the soldiers first and save the officers till later! :D

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this