Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

FiFi09

College course advice please..

Hi everyone, as some of you may know, I've been waiting for my start date since Oct 2009, and have been in the recruitment process (passing everything 1st time) since December 2007!!

I'm 28 this month and have been stacking shelves for the past three years, :zzz: I'm so fed up of waiting for my start date (and my current job) and wanted to do do something in the meantime so I have something to show before I'm 30!

I wanted to do an evening college course that would be one night a week, but I'm worried that it will clash with a start date as the course would not finish until December 2012. My course would cost around £600 so I don't want to waste that kind of money if I did have to leave it due to getting a start date.

I recently received the 'no further changes until at least 2012/13 email, but it could all change right?

What would you do?? Im stuck! Any advice welcome! :smiley_notworthy:

gosh you have waited a long time.

follow your heart...if you think the course would benefit you then go ahead :)

where is the course at?

Somebody posted something about the fact they do a uniformed services course or public services course. Its a college course that helps prepare you for jobs like policing apparently. May be worth looking at??

Somebody posted something about the fact they do a uniformed services course or public services course. Its a college course that helps prepare you for jobs like policing apparently. May be worth looking at??

Wow I like the sound of that ammo! Thanks, I'll research that! :clapping:

Nabnab.. Yeah I've waited ages! The course would be at my local college in counselling, I thought having this certificate may benefit somewhere within my police career, should such a career ever happen! :unsure:

Edited by FiFi09

Ammo, can you explain further as it does sound good!

fifi, yeah why not, PC are basically counsellers haha

Ammo, can you explain further as it does sound good!

fifi, yeah why not, PC are basically counsellers haha

Sorry buddy, I dont actually know anything about the course beyond what ive posted, someone else on the forum posted that they were on a course like that.