Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Booned6

NUISANCE MOTORBIKES ON WILDBROOK DRIVE, BIDSTON RISE ESTATE

I am FED UP with the incessant nuisance caused by noisy, speeding motor bikes being ridden along the Wildbrook Drive area of the Bidston Rise Estate, on the Wirral. These bikes are often stolen or broken down, and are ridden by various groups of youths, who have NO regard whatsoever for the peace and quiet of the neighbourhood.

Only last night, the police had to be phoned - again - about yet another noisy motor bike rider who was roaring up and down the Wildbrook Drive area after 10.30. This idiot - whom I suspect may have been a local resident - rode past our house constantly, and the noise he was making was just unbearable. The problem is that when the police car does arrive, these riders often speed off to somewhere else, making it difficult for them to be caught on the spot.

This problem with anti-social behaviour riding of motor bikes has plagued the Bidston Rise Estate for quite a few years now, and despite the good efforts of both the local police and the council, unfortunately this problem has not been completely eradicated. As fast the the police may confiscate bikes of the offenders responsible, others spring up with yet more bikes of all shapes and sizes.

Another problem is that there is far too much open ground and lengthy roadways around the Wildbrook Drive area, especially by the Valley Road Sports Centre, and these spaces are acting as a magnet for these youths, who congregate on the hill at the bottom of Wildbrook Drive with their bikes, and use these expanses of open ground to speed up and down, causing a general nuisance night after night, day after day. The council should do something about these open spaces, to dissuade these riders from congregating there.

I think it is about time a serious campaign was launched by ALL the Wildbrook Drive residents to get these nuisance motor bike banned completely from the estate. Wirral Partnership Homes need to be made constantly aware of just how much annoyance and misery these idiots are causing with their speeding bikes. The local police also need to be constantly notified of any fresh disturbances that these offenders are causing.

So if you live in the Wildbrook Drive/Bidston Rise area, and are fed up with these anti-social motor bike riders, then please take heed of what I have just said. Without universal co-operation and a strong determination to stamp out this nuisance once and for all, then I am afraid the problem of noisy motor bikes being ridden all hours of the day and night around the area is just going to go on and on.

keep records of the incidents, have all local residents suffering do the same and hand the details to the police, i'm sure they'll get a result soon, if you can, get details about colour, reg and make of bike and mayb descriptions of the yuoths

Sorry to hear you're being plagued by ASB motorbikes Booned6.

As you are probably aware we are not allowed to pursue motorbikes in any way (in case the poor dears fall off, hurt themselves and sue the police OR are incited into speeding up, being more dangerous and hurting an innocent MOP) and have to try to catch them when they are static or not in use. What we do need is more people like yourself who understand how dangerous they are and what a bane to society they can be and give us as much evidence and information as possible.

If we can find out who has them they can be seized. If the offenders keep having bikes taken from them, they will soon give up.

Unfortunatey too many people these days are unwilling to stand up for what is right and refuse to assist the police in prosecuting offenders. The normal people think that they will be targetted by offenders if they make a statement/go to court.

In these cases, you end up relying on the Police officers seeing the offences take place (ASB/traffic offences) despite being told by supervision to NOT PURSUE!!

Or the Helichopper being over the incident just as it happens or being available to make to the scene with no 'more serious' incidents happening in the force at that time and the incident happening for long enough so the copper gets to scene and gets to record offences.

Or CCTV catching an offence and then Police officers being able to ID the offender on the bike.

I hope you can see, when its broken down, that its difficult for us (as a bobby on the beat) to do much about the blight.

Then again, I don't know what the council/housing can do either. They too ae bound by people having the backbone to stand up to the offenders, to be found guilty, then punished in a suitable manner. suppose they can get the CCTV van to the open area's... but the kids will just drive off and wait til its gone.

Do you have any suggestions how to fix the problem?

Do you know who is involved?

WIll you be willing to put your name to a complainant statement and face the offenders in court?

I suggest you report it to a local police station.

Hi

Thank you for replying to my complaint about the noisy motorbikes plaguing the Wildbrook Drive area of Bidston Rise. Yes, I can appreciate all the points you raise, and certainly sympathise with the difficulties the police often encounter when trying to do their job. There are far too many stupid laws now (esp. those perpetuated by the Human Rights Act) which have, sadly, tipped the balance in favour of the criminal. I think it is disgusting the way this country has gone soft on law and order. Like the majority of decent, law-abiding citizens, I would dearly welcome a return to good old TOUGH punishment. Never mind all this rubbish about the rights of the criminal; what about the rights of the VICTIM, who have to suffer all this torment from neighbourbood yobs and similar unsavoury characters, day after day, on a lot of British council estates?

As regards the nuisance motorbike riders on Wildbrook Drive, I can never understand the mentality of anybody who roars up and down the road late at night - sometimes in the early hours of the morning! As I said previously, this motorbike problem on Wildbrook Drive has gone on for far too long, and if more people came forward and were willing to contact both the police and the local authority every time there was an incident with these anti-social motorbike riders, then that would be a good step towards eradicating the problem completely. Unfortunately, for obvious reasons, many local residents are fearful of giving their names and addresses to the police and the local authority. It is a great shame that we have to live in such an atmosphere of fear, which only bears out just how much of a tight, malevolent grip these yobs have over decent citizens these days.

In regard to what suggestions I personally could make with a view to tackiling this motorbike nuisance - well, one good idea, I think, would be for the local council to erect huge billboard signs on the hill near the bottom of Wildbrook Drive, displaing big, bold letters prohibiting the anti-social riding of motorbikes in the area. And if offenders dare to flout this warning, then they should be immediately prosecuted, if caught, and their bikes should be destroyed. The problem there, of course, would be attempting to nab these riders the instant they are offending, which, as I have said, is not easy, as they craftily tend to speed off somewhere else before they can be caught.

Other than that, I don't honestly have an immediate solution. All I would suggest to ALL the residents of Wildbrook Drive is to keep contacting the police the minute you hear the bikers again causing the disturbance. Keep a note of the log number that the police control room give you. As the Inspector of the local police station recommends, the more complaints they log about the motorbike nuisance on Wildbrook Drive, the more priority they can give to the problem.

I would be interested to hear from anybody else who has strong feelings about this motorbike problem on Wildbrook Drive.

Sorry to hear you're being plagued by ASB motorbikes Booned6.

As you are probably aware we are not allowed to pursue motorbikes in any way (in case the poor dears fall off, hurt themselves and sue the police OR are incited into speeding up, being more dangerous and hurting an innocent MOP) and have to try to catch them when they are static or not in use. What we do need is more people like yourself who understand how dangerous they are and what a bane to society they can be and give us as much evidence and information as possible.

If we can find out who has them they can be seized. If the offenders keep having bikes taken from them, they will soon give up.

Unfortunatey too many people these days are unwilling to stand up for what is right and refuse to assist the police in prosecuting offenders. The normal people think that they will be targetted by offenders if they make a statement/go to court.

In these cases, you end up relying on the Police officers seeing the offences take place (ASB/traffic offences) despite being told by supervision to NOT PURSUE!!

Or the Helichopper being over the incident just as it happens or being available to make to the scene with no 'more serious' incidents happening in the force at that time and the incident happening for long enough so the copper gets to scene and gets to record offences.

Or CCTV catching an offence and then Police officers being able to ID the offender on the bike.

I hope you can see, when its broken down, that its difficult for us (as a bobby on the beat) to do much about the blight.

Then again, I don't know what the council/housing can do either. They too ae bound by people having the backbone to stand up to the offenders, to be found guilty, then punished in a suitable manner. suppose they can get the CCTV van to the open area's... but the kids will just drive off and wait til its gone.

Do you have any suggestions how to fix the problem?

Do you know who is involved?

WIll you be willing to put your name to a complainant statement and face the offenders in court?

Edited by Booned6

I would try to gather evidence such as filming them. I know most of them will have their faces covered but the video evidence could still help the police/courts.

I am FED UP with the incessant nuisance caused by noisy, speeding motor bikes being ridden along the Wildbrook Drive area of the Bidston Rise Estate, on the Wirral. These bikes are often stolen or broken down, and are ridden by various groups of youths, who have NO regard whatsoever for the peace and quiet of the neighbourhood.

Only last night, the police had to be phoned - again - about yet another noisy motor bike rider who was roaring up and down the Wildbrook Drive area after 10.30. This idiot - whom I suspect may have been a local resident - rode past our house constantly, and the noise he was making was just unbearable. The problem is that when the police car does arrive, these riders often speed off to somewhere else, making it difficult for them to be caught on the spot.

This problem with anti-social behaviour riding of motor bikes has plagued the Bidston Rise Estate for quite a few years now, and despite the good efforts of both the local police and the council, unfortunately this problem has not been completely eradicated. As fast the the police may confiscate bikes of the offenders responsible, others spring up with yet more bikes of all shapes and sizes.

Another problem is that there is far too much open ground and lengthy roadways around the Wildbrook Drive area, especially by the Valley Road Sports Centre, and these spaces are acting as a magnet for these youths, who congregate on the hill at the bottom of Wildbrook Drive with their bikes, and use these expanses of open ground to speed up and down, causing a general nuisance night after night, day after day. The council should do something about these open spaces, to dissuade these riders from congregating there.

I think it is about time a serious campaign was launched by ALL the Wildbrook Drive residents to get these nuisance motor bike banned completely from the estate. Wirral Partnership Homes need to be made constantly aware of just how much annoyance and misery these idiots are causing with their speeding bikes. The local police also need to be constantly notified of any fresh disturbances that these offenders are causing.

So if you live in the Wildbrook Drive/Bidston Rise area, and are fed up with these anti-social motor bike riders, then please take heed of what I have just said. Without universal co-operation and a strong determination to stamp out this nuisance once and for all, then I am afraid the problem of noisy motor bikes being ridden all hours of the day and night around the area is just going to go on and on.

Further to my previous post on the noisy idiots riding their motorbikes along Wildbrook Drive, I would just like to say this: if the police sent a patrol car around the area between the hours of 10.30 pm and 11.30 pm, there is a good chance they would catch the idiot responsible who rides around at this late hour. He was at it again last night, causing a racket with his motorbike, which was just after 10.30 pm.

Booned6

You need really to be talking to the officers who cover your area, either Birkenhead (Insp Paul Vickers)or Upton/Prenton/Greasby (Insp Brian Griffiths)

This is a national forum, this is unmonitored by local forces and unless one of the members on here works the same area your pleas will go unheard. Find out if the Traffic office at Bromborough has any off road capability to try and also deal with this type of problem.

Sorry I can't help but I don't patrol the local roads, only the M53 as part of my role as a Regional Motorway officer

(Edited for poor typing!!)

Edited by Traffic Rat

I would try to gather evidence such as filming them

I think that's a breach of RIPA if you ask/tell a member of public to conduct what ammounts to surveillance. It's different if they take it upon themselves to do it and hand you the evidence though.

i thought it was legal to video on public grounds, and if it's for the prevention of anti-social behaviour i thought it would be allowed

It is perfectly legal for Johnny Public to take a video and film something yes...but if a Police Officer tells them to - so far as I am aware that is a breach of RIPA as it ammounts to pre-planned surveillance.

For example;

you attend a shop where a shopkeeper is reporting that every day between 1 and 2PM a silver corsa pulls up opposite his shop and seems to be openly selling drugs to local teenagers. The shopkeeper is sick of this and wants something done about it.

If you tell the shopkeeper ok, next time he comes back film him with your camera that ammounts to pre-planned surveillance and as such would be a breach of RIPA.

Now if the shopkeeper is not told by us to film the corsa, but takes it upon himself to do this - then that is a different matter!

sounds like catch 22, cos if the neighbours do decide to video, but not the racers, but the racers pop up randomly it would look like pre-planned evidence, but maybe i'm thinking too much into it, thanks for the clarification Dell

I think that's a breach of RIPA if you ask/tell a member of public to conduct what ammounts to surveillance. It's different if they take it upon themselves to do it and hand you the evidence though.

I'm not a police officer nor am I a member of the police service.

I was advising a fellow MoP that video evidence will be useful.

Although Wildbrook Drive is in the Wirral BCU it comes under Laird Street neighbourhood.

The Neighbourhood Inspector is Inspector Roy McGregor.

However as well as the police there is the Wirral Council antisocial behaviour team, further details can be found here - Antisocial behaviour team.

If it's a noise nuisance, then it's the Pollution Control section of Wirral Council here - Noise Nuisance Team that you want to get in touch with.

Hope that helps, it has been brought up with the local Liberal Democrats in the past.

Following that the police seized a number of vehicles, but if it's getting to be a persistent problem again, there are plenty of avenues to go down to address it.

I have brought it up with the police in the past myself after complaints from residents. There is a limit they can do.

The roads come under the local authority (Wirral Council). The Cabinet Member for Streetscene and Transport is a Labour Bidston & St. James ward councillor, Cllr Harry Smith.

If you'd like to write to me my email address is john.brace@wirral-libdem.org.uk .

Edited by John Brace