Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Headset 57

BTP AFO for transferees!

transfers to AFO jump over now, as suspected they can't fill the internal slots!

https://www.btprecru...7A942376774F8C6

Once we have received 100 applications for each role that meet the essential criteria, we will be unable to accept any further applications. It is important for candidates to note that if these numbers are achieved prior to the closing date, this campaign will be closed early and we will be unable accept any further applications.

CNC / MDP are not allowed to apply ( as per info pack )!

Always said that the initial batch should be 'poached'!...

closes 08/08/11

Edited by Headset 57

Always said that the initial batch should be 'poached'!...

Whereas if they touch the live rail, they'll be fried. :thumbsup:

Whereas if they touch the live rail, they'll be fried. :thumbsup:

well at the moment we're firing blanks..:clapping:

What about those who transferred into the MDP about 2 years ago? With home office Police experience?

Edited by barras99

btp dont take cnc transferrees,our law training and policing experience isnt up to that level

What does anyone think of this job then?

btp dont take cnc transferrees,our law training and policing experience isnt up to that level

we have an ex Ukulele at our nick and 2 modplods who transferred with no hassle at all.

What does anyone think of this job then?

apparently not a lot, as we can't fill it from within...:whistle2:

Edited by Headset 57

quite a few have tried,BTP HR was adamant they wouldnt take anymore.It looks a decent role though.Im suprised theres not many internal applicants,least if you fail to qualify you will be able to go back on the beat.In our force you'd be getting a P45

Edited by cnc pete

Posted Today, 03:04 PM

snapback.pngFuture_officer, on 26 July 2011 - 01:43 PM, said:

The next intake is going to happen in November so BTP have got time to get in contact with everyone who passed their papersift.

I think what they are doing at the moment is going through the 3000 applications left (1500 were checked for the September intake)and put the successful candidates in one pile and the unsuccessful candidates in another pile. When an assessment date (probably sometime in August) has been arranged they will inform the successful candidates to attend. There is also another intake in Febuary next year. If you have not been told you failed by phone or email you are still in the game.

Don't forget they have nearly 2000 applications to go through for the PCSO and arranging their assessment. Not only that they have to go through candidates for AFO position internally and externally. It's unfortunate for BTP that not many internal police officers want to be armed. Since BTP started, BTP has been an unarmed force needing county (co19 for london) armed officers to deal with firearms incident on the railways.

Nothing will happen (BTP phoning candidates) till August the latest. Even the BTP website has said so.

Be postive if you have not been told anything. Get nervous when assessment begins again. I will.

I think it's wrong for HR to have so much to do in one go. They should of recruited PCSOs after they finished the PC recruitment, the markings and the assessments. For AFOs they should of done it when everything else has been finished. One thing at a time not everything together at once. It just causes so much grief. Anyone agree or disagrees?

Good luck to you all!!!!!!!!

reply headset:

the PCSO's are needed to replace the ones that get in, No point doing it after they've already left and there is a gap, don't forget the TOC's pay for them so would not be impressed and the crimes would go up slightly!

The AFO campaign started before the PC / PCSO campaigns internally, and their hand is being forced by Govt to get it in place before the end of the year, so that is the most important and costliest venture out of all 3.

Absolutely NO experience was needed for the AFO for btp from within i put in for it and withdrew from the process, it was gonna be btp officers all the way!.

We have a S.5 firearm in CAPTOR and the X26 Taser which people have to do and pass that 3 day course first before progressing onto guns, and all taser officers were encouraged to apply. :thumbsup:

For those MDP officers who would like to know why they may not apply, I phoned BTP today and was told that MDP officers cannot apply due to differences in the firearm they will be using and that MDP officers lack the operational experience required to be able to hit the ground running.

Firstly: Is it not possible for any MDP officer to learn how to use another firearm, despite the fact that many officers are proficient in the use of several different weapons before they even finish their probation AND that MDP officers are said to be the ones who will train these AFO's

Secondly: Are they so sure that there are no officers with any operational experience in the MDP that they need not allow any of them the opportunity to apply and be judged on their own merits?

Hmmmmmm......

What a mess. I agree with what Richard says. Each individual should be judged on their individual skills and merits. For example if I was a MDP Bod,I would have "no operational experience" However I’m a trained Army Sniper, British Army international shot, Served operationally in Iraq and NI, Shooting coach and more experience in Firearms then most. I would get over looked. It’s a joke! Fair enough you may need to brush up on police skills but you will be operationally aware and a competent AFO. If you are competent in the use of Firearms and a qualified AFO then you should have no probs learning a new weapon system. I just think the whole systems a mess and for a force that is struggling to get AFOs they should assess each applicant rather then writing them off right away.

For those MDP officers who would like to know why they may not apply, I phoned BTP today and was told that MDP officers cannot apply due to differences in the firearm they will be using and that MDP officers lack the operational experience required to be able to hit the ground running.

Firstly: Is it not possible for any MDP officer to learn how to use another firearm, despite the fact that many officers are proficient in the use of several different weapons before they even finish their probation AND that MDP officers are said to be the ones who will train these AFO's

Secondly: Are they so sure that there are no officers with any operational experience in the MDP that they need not allow any of them the opportunity to apply and be judged on their own merits?

Hmmmmmm......

:clapping::whistle2::doh::smiley_notworthy:

What a mess. I agree with what Richard says. Each individual should be judged on their individual skills and merits. For example if I was a MDP Bod,I would have "no operational experience" However I’m a trained Army Sniper, British Army international shot, Served operationally in Iraq and NI, Shooting coach and more experience in Firearms then most. I would get over looked. It’s a joke! Fair enough you may need to brush up on police skills but you will be operationally aware and a competent AFO. If you are competent in the use of Firearms and a qualified AFO then you should have no probs learning a new weapon system. I just think the whole systems a mess and for a force that is struggling to get AFOs they should assess each applicant rather then writing them off right away.

yes you would cause your not what they're looking for!:bye:

Edited by Headset 57

Is the BTP comparable to other forces with pay and allowances?

Is the BTP comparable to other forces with pay and allowances?

yes, gets all the London allowances and travel and you carry over your rank and leave entitlements.