Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

timmy269

application closing dates

When they push back the dates for the recruitment drive what is happening? are they not getting enough applicants (or enough suitable applicants). How does this affect the people who already have applications in for that post?

Was wondering that to, it was today before for the CNC, now the end of Sept.........

CNC I presume?

I was told they look at apps in the order they are submitted.

Those apps received in line with recruitment windows that have now closed will be assessed before those currently being submitted.

yeah sorry CNC it all seems a bit weird to me, they have been extending the recruitment since january although my applications only been in for a few weeks

My app went in 2 Feb and I've just today got my medical date through for Oct in order to start on the Nov course.

Other guys I know applied at the same time as me and have been warned off for the Jan course so be prep'd for a long old wait!

CNC are recruiting like mad at the minute and I would say the dates are extended because the numbers required are being adjusted. I would see this as a positive at the minute if your applying to join!

when did you do all the assesment centre stuff then?

I handed app in same time, did assessment centre june, fitness july, waiting on medical now, been told i'll be in january intake

Applied - early February.

Assessment centre - end of June.

Fitnees test and firearms assessment - mid July.

Conditional offer for November course received - early August.

Medical - early October.

Start training - mid November.