Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

kieranstoke

West Mids Recruitment Updates

has anyone, currently on hold in the recruitment process for Police Constable with west mids received any updates by email lately??

I know we are due for one in sept but i havent had anything and i didnt get anythin in June so i called.

thanks

Kieran

has anyone, currently on hold in the recruitment process for Police Constable with west mids received any updates by email lately??

I know we are due for one in sept but i havent had anything and i didnt get anythin in June so i called.

thanks

Kieran

What did they say out of interest?

thanks

Kieran

The June email was late and arrived 12 July. The email was of a similar nature to the others apart from were getting an update every six months so the next one will be December.

I havent had one for over 8 months.. :/ ??

You didn;t miss anything. Same old #### - "NO NEWS STILL ON HOLD YADDA YADDA _ OH AND WE'LL LET YOU KNOW EVERY 6 MONTHS NOW INSTEAD" (meaning - we're too busy getting rid of people to bother telling you anything!!!)

Edited by mrgrumpy

They should have started all 200 that passed all of the process. Simple as.

But wouldnt have been able to pay them. or would have had to get rid of even more civilian staff/vehicles/buildings/kit to pay for them.

Hey,

I'm a bit worried now after reading you have all received e mails etc to keep you updated, I haven't heard anything at all. I passed the Assessment Centre In Feb 2010, but still need to do my medical and fitness, I was told I should hopefully be in, in 2012 but still nothing. Are any of you in the same position, or could any one tell me how to start receiving these e mails. Thankyou !!

Hey,

I'm a bit worried now after reading you have all received e mails etc to keep you updated, I haven't heard anything at all. I passed the Assessment Centre In Feb 2010, but still need to do my medical and fitness, I was told I should hopefully be in, in 2012 but still nothing. Are any of you in the same position, or could any one tell me how to start receiving these e mails. Thankyou !!

Hi

We should receive an email this month.

If I were you I would call recruitment and get yourself on the email database. Originally we were receiving emails every 3 months but due to nothing moving forward they decided in the summer to change it to every 6 months.

I'm expecting the worst to be honest. Up here in Cheshire they are doing an intake in February and anyone else who isn't on it has had their application binned completely some of whom have been in the process for 4 years similarly to some of us.

I'm expecting the worst to be honest. Up here in Cheshire they are doing an intake in February and anyone else who isn't on it has had their application binned completely some of whom have been in the process for 4 years similarly to some of us.

Not good but who knows what the future holds? Are you still commuting of a weekend?

Yes still commuting it's a nightmare - it's knackered me up financially as last October they decided to reduce my Scale form a 5 to a 4 as a PCSO which meant i lost approx £3000 a year and it's costing me and the wife about £7000 in year in petrol and costs keeping 2 cars going (although i am doing my motorbike test) - lead to a few problems so i'm trying to sort all that out now which looks bad if they do some credit checks etc as had to go on an IVA . So if we are on hold for a few more years then it helps me - whether or not we'll be told what's happening anytime soon is another matter.

Although if i know the way my luck has been going they will bin me.

Yes still commuting it's a nightmare - it's knackered me up financially as last October they decided to reduce my Scale form a 5 to a 4 as a PCSO which meant i lost approx £3000 a year and it's costing me and the wife about £7000 in year in petrol and costs keeping 2 cars going (although i am doing my motorbike test) - lead to a few problems so i'm trying to sort all that out now which looks bad if they do some credit checks etc as had to go on an IVA . So if we are on hold for a few more years then it helps me - whether or not we'll be told what's happening anytime soon is another matter.

Sound slike you have been through the mill and back. Easy for me to say, but i would of probably walked if i were you and taken my chance of picking up work closer to your wife. Easier said than done though?

I honestly dont know what to think. Time will tell!!!!

Are you by any chance a red? Seen a Mr Grumpy post on RAWK.

• I follow Liverpool but i wouldn't class myself as a supporter - so it's not me nice to know i'm not the only miserable grump in the country!! :crazy:

Edited by mrgrumpy

I know this seems to be dragging on forever, but I think they would have canned the deferred applications by now if they were going to do so.

18 months have passed since that recruitment update event, but I do recall them saying quite categorically at the time that West Mids were amongst a very few forces which were planning to defer applicants rather than cancel them. I accept that that policy is not set in stone, but they haven;t got a huge amount to lose by keeping us deferred. Ultimately they will have to start recruitment again at some stage even if its not on the same scale as before, particuarly when the officers recruited in the early to mid 80s start to complete their 30 years service. I think there was quite a large recrutiment drive at that time as a result of the miners strike.

Hope it works out for you mate I know it's frustrating.