Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  
spf2009

Email Re Medicals

Hi everyone

To cut a long story short I applied to Cnc when the campaign first opened in January as a new recruit, had fitness and firearms in July, had to have a separate medical appointment after and today I received an email saying that the company used didn't follow the correct proceedure so I will have to see a doctor at some point to be cleared. Has anyone else had this email/ got any info. Also last time I spoke to them they said next course will be February 2012, anyone heard any different / in same situation?

Edited by spf2009

Hi everyone

To cut a long story short I applied to Cnc when the campaign first opened in January as a new recruit, had fitness and firearms in July, had to have a separate medical appointment after and today I received an email saying that the company used didn't follow the correct proceedure so I will have to see a doctor at some point to be cleared. Has anyone else had this email/ got any info. Also last time I spoke to them they said next course will be February 2012, anyone heard any different / in same situation?

I'm the exact same as you in regards to the application date, and fitness and firearms date. However, I had not had any contact from the HR team in regards to a medical until last week after phone calls every fortnight for about 3 months. Then today I got a confirmed medical date!! Its at the end of January, which i'm thinking may be a bit tight time wise to start in February. The sooner I can get started the better though! Touch wood the medical and vetting are trouble free.

P.s. I wasn't given a start date.

Edited by oraconn

I couldnt agree more! January does seem a bit close but they still won't confirm whether I'm on feb course or not, and i have no idea when im supposed to redo the medical. I hope it doesn't hold things up,as the people who have had offers so far have been subject to medical & passing training and vetting so I'm hoping it's still possible. Best of luck and lets hope we don't have to wait too much longer!

Hi. I'm in the same position, having applied in January also. Couldn't quite believe it yesterday when the email turned up!

What I've found most annoying is that in the application process there doesn't seem to be any sort of orderly queue. For example I've read on here about people who have applied after January, but have started this November. The theory seems to be the more you phone and pester, the quicker you get started so I may have to resort to doing that soon.

Fingers crossed that the medical is soon and we get started in February though.

I think the people who seem to have 'jumped the queue' are rejoiners and transfers because their condensed course would have allowed them to quickly increase numbers. I'm not sure if new starters from Jan or after have made it through?

It appears to be transfers and rejoiners who have been getting in earlier than us from what I've read on here. My firearms and fitness in July was done mainly with transfers and rejoiners. The persistent phone calls seems to be the best way to get any where. Where are your medicals at?

No idea yet, they've told me I need to do another one but not actually eluded to where or when?

Same here: "We are currently looking into arranging another appointment for you as close to your current location as possible and we will be in contact in due course."

Think I'll give it about a week and if they've not got back to me with a date will phone them to chase it.

Sign in to follow this