Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

FiFi09

Update email 23/01/12

So who else received the recruitment update email today asking if still interested even though no jobs?

Hi fifi

Recevied mine also today. Content not really a surprise but glad to see they are maintaining the applications rather than cancelling them.

I did too, sounded more promising than the last one... even though it is late!

Yeah I got it! This one sounds much more promising. All the regs at the nick seem to think they'll recruit soon, they're too short!!

Hi all, I don't know what to reply, as although I still want a job with them, I'm now pregnant so don't know where I'll stand! Well they did say not to put our lives on hold right?

Hi all, I don't know what to reply, as although I still want a job with them, I'm now pregnant so don't know where I'll stand! Well they did say not to put our lives on hold right?

Fifi many congratulations on your news.

I too have some slight hesistation as circumtances have changed for me in the last 3 years or so, (although not in the same way :wink: )

The recrutiment email simply asks if you're interest still remains. Assuming it does, you don't have anything to lose by confirming this and you can always change your mind further down the track if you need to. Good luck with the pregancy and whatever you decide

Fifi many congratulations on your news.

I too have some slight hesistation as circumtances have changed for me in the last 3 years or so, (although not in the same way :wink: )

The recrutiment email simply asks if you're interest still remains. Assuming it does, you don't have anything to lose by confirming this and you can always change your mind further down the track if you need to. Good luck with the pregancy and whatever you decide

Ahh thanks :) I'm really excited! It's number 3, I already have a 10 and nearly 8 year old. Do you think I should not tell them my news yet then and just relpy that I'm still interested?

Great news i bet you're other two will l be excited about the new arrival

Difficult one really because we don't really know at this point when recruirment will start again. There are rumblings that it may start again this year but I would suspect that if that turns out to be the case, that the intakes would probably by much smaller and likely further apart than they were a few years ago.

I would guess from your posts and proflie that you must be near the very top of the queue judging by your A/C pass date, So the timing of recrutiment reopening may not be great for you at the moment. On reflection I would recommend before you drop them a line to give a recruitment a call and just chat the situation through with them. Like you said earlier you can't put your life on hold and it is inevitable that circumstances for people in the queue will change over time.

It may be possible to continue to defer your application until such a point where you are in a position to make a more informed decision assuming you still wish to do join, and thinking about it I don;t reckon continuing to defer your app would cause recruitment much bother as I don't think they will be rushing huge numbers through to start with. it'll probably be more like a gradual trickle.

I would stress however this is all my own view / speculation so as always, don't take it as fact. :biggrin:

I have replied positively - however i have big doubts about my application proceeding as since passing all the tests they have thrown at us my circumstances have taken a turn for the worst.

Firstly having a £3000 pay cut that has now meant i have had to go on an IVA - obvioulsy this knackers me up. And because of all this had to have 5 weeks off work with Reactive Stress Depression - on top of this still having to pay out £6-7000 a year to motor up and down the M6 so i can go home on my days off to see the wife and family - now having to cut this down to once a month.

So needless to say all this has really taken it's toll thanks to the cuts etc. it would appear that after all this waiting and working as a PCSO for the last 10 years i can kiss my career goodbye.

They should have started all 200 recruits that completed the process in 2009, simple as that. It's poor of them not to.

But hey, hang in there people if you all can. I am.

:)

• Like 1