Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

police1078

pensions after transfer

Seeking information relating to pensions after transfer. I am currently serving with the Ministry of Defence Police and I am applying for transfer to a Scottish Police Force. Does anyone know if it benificial to transfer my civil service pension into the police pension. I have approx 19 years CSP (with military pension added).

I would suggest you give the Met Police Federation office a ring on 020 8464 2322 and take option 6 (I think) which will put you through to Glenda Whitley, the Met fed pension expert. She will be able to give you a straight answer on your query.

Thanks BBB61, would there be a difference between the scottish police pensions and those in england and wales. Taking into account the possible changes to conditions.

Speak to the force you are transferring to or contact the federation for pointers thing appear to be going a different direction in scotland and they can put you in touch with the best people to speak to

I transferred from the Mod plod to the H/O to start working for a living too

;)

The years in the mod plod arent worth the same as the h/o ones is all i know. will need to speak to the target force pensions dept

Once you join your new force you can ask for a quote, they'll tell you how many years your 19 civil service will buy you in the plod pension. I went from LGPS (local government pension) to the CNC and I lost only 6 months of my 10 years.

Edit, the cnc isn't a police pension though.

Edited by Mdon

It looks like it will be work 2\3rds, now have to work out if it will be worth it