Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Yorkypud

Briefing/fitness/fire arms

Hey People,

Got my assessments (as above) next week and not sure what to expect, except for the fitness aspect. What are the briefings and fire arms bits about?

Cheers

The briefings and firearms assessments are nothing to worry about.Staff will brief you on the history of CNC and show some video`s.The firearms side of things is as i remember a pass or fail but they show u how to do drills and then u do them in front of them

Cheers BH71. It all sounds pretty strait forward.

It is all straight forward. It took me 12 months and 2 weeks from applying to actually starting. Training was intense but if u give it 100% u should be ok.Shifts on site are so different from the home office but def for the better in my case..

To all those people with assessment coming up, I failed mine on the 1st May.....got my feed back today and even though my scores were way over the pass mark in all but one area, I was JUST under the Written Communication level so failed the assessment over all. So please take my words of warning/advice. If spelling, punctuation, and grammer is not your strong suit (as it is in my case) please please please practice practice practice! I now need to wait months if not years to get another chance at it, and next time around I will use a tutor to help me get in "mental shape". Good luck everyone!

Best of luck Yorkypud, i'm still waiting for a date and have been told it wont be until some point after the olympics as Hinkley Point is on hold at the moment. Let us know how you get on.

Cabbage sorry to hear you didn't make it but at least you know what area to improve on next time.

Hey People,

All went well at the briefing/assessment, handling the firearms was a bit fiddly but was good. Don't worry about it anyone waiting for yours, it's all very informal unlike the A/C. I was thinking of transferring my app to as only DOOMrey is hiring and not sure I fancy it, never say never mind.

Ta ta.