Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Hi,

I applied for police constable with Grampian Police and I received an email yesterday to say I've been invited to the recruitment day on the 31st of August.

I firstly have to sit the SET exams and if successful will do the fitness test straight after and if I'm again successful I will have my interview that afternoon.

I've been practising the exams and my fitness levels are pretty good so my main worry is the interview so I was just wondering could anyone help me with this?? What kind of questions are asked and how long is the interview and do they mainly focus on the answers you would have given on your application form?

Any tips that any one might have would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Hiya,

Iv'e been invited to this same recruitment day too :) I'm actually quite nervous, I get stressed out by these type of things quite easily. I think the SET tests should be fine and hopefully the fitness (I'm working on it haha), just did the bleep test this morning.

From previous comments from what I have seen, it seems like the interview is largely based on your application, scenario questions and they may quiz us about certain aspects of the police force, so we shall have to do our homework.

How you feeling about it? :)

Hi

Im up for the same day too. Exactly the same as you guys with not really knowing what to expect at the interview stage.

Does anyone know how many PC's are being recruited at the moment?

i have my interview on the 30th august. Next thursday. I'm a special with Tayside just now so im hoping that stands me in good stead but its how you perform on the day and if your 'face fits'!! The interview will ask questions about the force and your application in general and bases it on core competencies. I have applied twice before and failed twice so i have a rough idea what im going into but that still doesnt stop the nerves. Good luck to who are attending on the friday!

• Like 1

Hi murphy2

I'm sure you've heard it before, but just be yourself and give honest answers. The interviewers want to see what kind of person you are. I felt as though my interview was poor and during my feedback i was told i looked uncomfortable, but i was then told i had passed. Best of luck mate

Right so I passed the first stage and have been called back next week to attend the next, which seems to be a "series of group excercises" followed then by the panel interview. Any suggestions as what to expect from the group excercises and any work I can be doing to prepare for these?

Also the panel interview, is it going to be similar to the initial interview or more in depth, trickier etc?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Murphy2

• Like 1

Hi,

Well done on getting to the next stage Murphy2! I've got my initial interview in a few weeks and some of my questions about it have now been answered! Which competencies do they assess though? Most forces publish that info but apparently not Grampian!

:)

Well done Murphy, I was in your assessment day group and have my fitness rescheduled on the first of October since they didn't let me do it due to my knee injury. Best of luck, let us know how it goes :)

I got an email stating that i'm on the 1st of October assessment, gutted though because i'm going to have to re-schedule though due to operational reasons. Was the interview brutal? Did they ask much about the force? I feel like i'm at a wee bit of a disadvantage not being able to go and enquire at any of the police stations in Aberdeen due to being posted in Germany at the moment.

I got an email stating that i'm on the 1st of October assessment, gutted though because i'm going to have to re-schedule though due to operational reasons. Was the interview brutal? Did they ask much about the force? I feel like i'm at a wee bit of a disadvantage not being able to go and enquire at any of the police stations in Aberdeen due to being posted in Germany at the moment.

Well done that man.

Any ideas as to what they mean by appropriate loose and comfortable clothing for the group excercises on the morning of the assessment centre, is this jeans and a shirt or tracksuit, tshirt and runners??

I would go with joggies, shorts an a tee and maybe take smart/casual clothing with you