Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Final interview help?!

How did it go yesterday Ashley? Mine went well, passed and provisionally starting 9th January.

• Like 1

any tips samba, well done i`m at vetting stage, how does it compare to initial interview. any new topics to cover

Hey samba, mine was changed to tmro.... Any words of wisdom from your final???? I'm really nervous!! Tell me everything please!!!

Oh and of course ... CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :)

Sorry to hear yours got changed. It was a lot more relaxed than the initial interview. I had a female inspector and the head of recruiting, both really nice people. It is more based around you and your experiences and what you can bring to Strathclyde. There will probably be scenario questions and maybe a bit about the force. Just be confident, try to relax, you've got this far so just see it through now. Good luck for tomorrow!

What about the force?

When is your medical and fitness??

I got asked about the priorities and then they expanded on them. Don't forget it could be different for everyone. They will tailor it on the individual a lot of the time.

My medical is on the 13th of November and fitness/substance test the 7th if December. I've booked my uniform fitting same day as my medical.

Amazing - you excited? ... Did they ask you what the priorities are? Fore your local division? I know it's different for everyone but its still good to know! Did you feel like it followed on from your initial?

How did it go yesterday Ashley? Mine went well, passed and provisionally starting 9th January.

Well done mate I hope to join you in Jan after get my medical probs sorted

did they happen to mention the start date for after jan? just wondering if its start of feb or later. although im thinking ill have run out of time by then.

Well done mate I hope to join you in Jan after get my medical probs sorted

Cheers mate, hope you get everything sorted out soon.

come on ashley i`m waiting with bated breath to her good nes from you. tell me how it went and the best of luck

Got final interview on Tuesday. Any help from those of you who have just had one?

Best advice i could give is as above. Just be confident and be yourself - they really are looking to find out what kinda person you are and how you would handle certain situations! When is your final?

Best advice i could give is as above. Just be confident and be yourself - they really are looking to find out what kinda person you are and how you would handle certain situations! When is your final?

Did you get in yourself Ashley89 ?

It's on Tuesday! Looking over stuff now. Pretty nervous. When do u start?

I have my initial interview on wed, any help would be appreciated :) ??

So, final interview is looming.

How did people find the final (for those of you that have went through it)?

Easier/harder? More/less stressful? Longer/shorter?

From people I know that have went through it and from the forum I guess, expect anything to come?

The final interview isn't really one you can study for?

Attempting to remain calm. Lol

C

Vetting passed, Final Interview on the 22nd. Can't wait!

:biggrin:

How long did your vetting take, iMac? I'm 5 weeks on Monday so hoping not too long to go. The waiting is the worst part!

How long did your vetting take, iMac? I'm 5 weeks on Monday so hoping not too long to go. The waiting is the worst part!

Found out exactly five weeks after my Initial Interview. Probably would have heard sooner if my boss hadn't been away to Canada on business which meant my reference request sat on his desk unopened for a week. :unsure:

I like hearing things like that! Gives me hope that I've not long left to wait. Hopefully my old battalion don't twiddle their thumbs about getting my reference sent back. You feeling confident about your final? What prep are you doing?

Got my final tomoz !!! So scared , just want it over and done with now lol

Got my final tomoz !!! So scared , just want it over and done with now lol

Good Luck for tomorrow, what preparation have you done?

Remember to let us know how you get on.

Failed my final today. They feel I don't have enough experience (despite 6 years in the army and 2 tours of Afghanistan) so want me to join the specials and work for free for 2 years.

Asked me my local community police targets (not the same as priorities) and 'kick points' (what ever they are), asked how they get the info to decide what the force prioroties will be.

Was told I didn't answer some questions in the correct format, so forget its a police interview and just google 'competency based interviews' like you're going for a call centre job.

Failed my final today. They feel I don't have enough experience (despite 6 years in the army and 2 tours of Afghanistan) so want me to join the specials and work for free for 2 years.

Asked me my local community police targets (not the same as priorities) and 'kick points' (what ever they are), asked how they get the info to decide what the force prioroties will be.

Was told I didn't answer some questions in the correct format, so forget its a police interview and just google 'competency based interviews' like you're going for a call centre job.

Sorry to hear that. Gutted for you. Was that the only questions you were asked regarding policing? Was the rest about you and scenarios?

Are you planning on joining the specials?