Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

ok ive got my fitness on friday.

i need to do it in 14 mins and i find when training im doing it in 14 mins almost on the dot

did most of you find you ran faster on the day than in training? the whole not having a phone to time myself is nerving.

also just how much of an incline is it at jackton?

since i heard at the sest that it was hilly i changed from training on a straight road to doing laps of a bit near my house that goes uphill along then downhill and along. but they guy said its what catches most people out and im worried its going to be worse than ive trained for.

im just hoping i run faster on the day as it will feel life or death and its hard when training to get fully in that mindset. but ive only been training again for 2 weeks after returning from a 3 week holiday in the states but i feel my fitness has improved even in the 2 weeks.

this is just the one step im concerend about failing.

• Like 1

Its not that much of an incline it is 3 1/2 laps round the outside of Jackton so if you have been for your SET you will have seen the route already but remember it inclines one side and declines on the other just dont panic when you see people running away at start just keep to your own pace and give it your all on the 3rd lap some people who get longer to complete it tend to get caught up with the speedsters at start and thats when they blow it good luck

see thats what im worried about is starting too fast and burning out but then i think i started too slow last night in compensation and thought i had longer to go when i started my sprint finish and was 14secs too slow. going to try again with my partner keeping an eye on distance so he can tell me when ive done 2 "laps" so i can speed up. my plan is just to blast the last lap. i just wish i could do it once in like 13 min 50 so u knew i could do it before the day but running out of time now.

I was averaging 14.30 in training .. Somehow just couldn't get any faster and done it in a min less on the day - just keep your own pace and stay focused and give 110% in your final lap!

thats what i wanted to hear : ) im ranging between 14:02 and 14:23 in my last 4 attempts since coming back from holiday. being doing other cardio inbetween and some sprint running etc. as i said id just be more relaxed if i could do a sub 14 min run in my last attempt before friday.

I couldn't get my time below 15mins and on the day pulled it out the bag and passed getting just under 14. It's true what they say the adrenaline on the day pushes you!! I felt like everyone bolted off and I was left at the back but I just tried to ignore them and paced myself then give it absolutely everything on the last stretch!! Imagine running in the uniform!! I'm sure u will do it.

Well all the best for Friday pinkcoop. I was in your group for SETs and was invited to this Fridays fitness but annoyingly due to a court date I can't make it. I'm now the Friday after. Thankfully I started training in July when I submitted my application and just did a 9.36 last night for my 1.5. I'm sure with everyone encouraging each other along you'll shave the time off. Plus I'm sure I read on another forum that they don't start the clock until everyone is over the start line so if you get the front that might buy you some extra seconds.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

ours is different days. about 2 weeks inbetween. not sure if the number of applicants is too high so they split it to try wean out people at each stage than have people sit a fitness if they have failed the set

I have my fitness on Friday too looking forward to it! Can't do anymore training so just need to work hard and hope adrenaline kicks in to give me a decent time.

my friend has just told me about the "wind tunnel" anyone else find the wind an issue?

You can never tell what the weather will be like on the day. I've not heard about any wind tunnel, when I did the first fitness test, the weather was horrible, the rain was bouncing off the floor.

Just remember what other people have said and don't go off too fast.

might have just been extra windy on her day then. but when you went round one side of the building it acted like a wind tunnel pushing against you. its not meant to be too bad on friday and sunny just very cold. im hoping not cold enough for ice though as my bleep test training isn't going so well.

People in strathclyde what happens after ur application has been accepted what happens then and when did u all apply I just applied in September for the closing date sept 21st

Has anyone else got Friday the 2nd Nov for fitness? Still gutted I couldn't get out this Friday.

I had a bad day at work today, I had a baddie get away from me so I went for a long run to cheer myself up and dream of the day I may get to slap cuffs on them. Ended up running for 6.32 miles non-stop according to my tracking app. Well chuffed. Checked my breakdowns and did my first 1.5 in 10.16 then the next 3 in 11.22, 11.53 and 12.01. I guess we are all getting in those last few training sessions.

Hope the weather holds out, I don't fancy running in pounding rain and wind. The Sergeant at SETs said unless it was icy we would be out no matter what.

• Like 1

People in strathclyde what happens after ur application has been accepted what happens then and when did u all apply I just applied in September for the closing date sept 21st

First you get a letter to Acknowledge receipt of your application and then if you have passed paper sift then you will be invited to SETs and after passing SETs it is then an invite to fitness. After that roughly 2 weeks I believe before initial interview.

they might be back to doing them on the same day though, it seems people earlier in this intake where on the same day.

did my last run tonight. did it in 13.45 my fastest yet. and 45s faster than on sunday i did want to cry and give up and walked for like 10 secs but then it gave me the energy to pound it to the end and it was hard not knowing where the finish was just running til the app my boyfriend had said id done enough. but still im glad ive done it under the time and knowing i can do it.

When did u apply?

Iv just started training and legs are agony

applied mid july, came back from holiday on 2nd of oct to letter for SET on mon 8th, got letter on the friday for fitness on 26th.

How long u being training for! Iv only been going small runs on and off , how did u find the sets