Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

pinkcoop88

next intake date

anyone heard anything, rumors, fact, anything at all on the next intake date past feb?

im 9.5 weeks into vetting so not on the feb intake but its driving me mad not knowing what will happen

Seems that people are still going through early stages such as SETs just now so a final intake in april seems unrealistic.

but im wondering is there maybe more than one intake? or is it not going to be til like aug or something?

All they said at my interview in nov was they have been told to have X amount of people ready to start for the new force in april. and they wouldnt have been taking on so many applications if there werent jobs at the end of it.

i almost keep forgetting im currently trying to get a new career because its been almost 10 weeks since i had to do anything for it.

Hey, have you had any missed calls on your mobile from a private number? As i was 10weeks vetting and they called on tuesday twice. You don't get a letter, mine is next week! Stress! Lol. If you have a missed call, i would phone recruitment

really a phone call? no missed calls.(goes and checks the house phone...) no all good. ive been checking for post like mad assyuming it was mail. im gona start brushing up on final interview stuff just incase.

Yeah they phoned me, and once they phoned me and spoke to me they emailed the letter to my email account. Why don't you phone the recruitment number and ask if your vetting/references are back okay? Might rest your mind! I was waiting on the letter every day too! Have you heard any word on start dates yet for the police service of scotland?

just phone recruitment. there is an absolute mass of new applicants so things can get missed. If you phone them, they will tell you exactly where your application is and alleviate the stress. I don't miss the waiting at all!!!

someone on another thread just had her final for strathclyde and medical today i think, no news on fitness etc but was told next intake would be sooner rather than later.

well just called recruitment and nothing to report.

all she could tell me was the last letter sent was 10 weeks ago and my references have been sent off (which i knew as my boss sent it back the same week)

Just checked my credit report and no check as of yet. looks like ill be waiting forever!

I didn't have anything on my credit check either btw and i passed my vetting! Did they say your vetting was back when you phoned?

nope. only told me the last communication on my file was 10 weeks ago when they sent the letter telling me i was onto background checks.

I had my initial interview on Friday and was told that they were waiting on a pool of 150 applicants to take onto new police force and a realistic date would be May.

• Like 1

but what happens once they have 150 people? thats what i wondering, now im 11 weeks into vetting : ( people will start overtaking me.

i think the process will take a similar amount of time for each person, so you should be fine. When i done my fitness in December we were told that there were jobs for each of us and it was in our hands. I think they are still quite a bit away from reaching 150 people. There were 40 people at my fitness test and 9 failed. There are people dropping out of the process all the time. I am hoping i was successful at my interview stage and will be onto vetting shortly. It's just frustrating not having an official date of when the next intake is.

i dunno, i seem to be the longest vetting ive seen so far. they did say it wouldtake awhile for me as ive had 9 addresses in ten years. so its a lot for them to check,

You say May but some people on the Grampian forum are saying they have been told about a March 31st intake?

You say May but some people on the Grampian forum are saying they have been told about a March 31st intake?

Dont think that is right as 31st is a Sunday and you start Tully on a Monday I am at Tully now in Jan intake and they dont even know of intake dates after the last in Feb

I received my letter yesterday to confirm i had passed my interview stage and now onto background checks, and it states that i wont be posted before the 31st of March and there is no specific date for the next intake.

finally heard! 12 weeks after initial interview i got the call today so final is in two weeks.

pretty chuffed that gives me plenty time to study. just need to hit the gym more now in prep for final fitness whenever that may be.

Congratulations! good luck for your interview!

I asked in the interview what the final fitness test was and they said its the same as the initial, either the run or the bleep test its just to check you havent got unfit since the first one

sorry i said whenever not whatever, : ) i knows its the 1.5mile run. just dont know when! but thanks!

oh yeah so you did sorry my bad! that will teach me for reading emails on my phone lol