Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Sub-seven

One force?

Mods, now that Police Scotland is well up and running (although that's a matter of opinion!), can consideration be given to just having one Force Specific topic to go on and lock the others as they are no longer relevant and may just dilute any further contributions on policing in Scotland.

Anyone else got a view on this please chip in ta.

I agree sounds a good idea.

Possibly have the old Scottish forces as locked sub-forums when you enter the Police Scotland forum?

It has been discussed amongst the staff and we will sort something shortly.

Sounds like a good idea.

I've pinned a post at the top of each of the existing forums asking for new topics to be started in the Police Scotland forum until we can get everything transferred over. :wink:

Thanks, but not sure you need to transfer anything over - just lock the Force specific forums so they can't be added to but can be read by anyone.

They will be getting locked and we'll transfer them as sub forums to the main forum for reference. Just keeping everything tidy and in the same place. :wink:

Sorry, I'm getting confused.

Are you going to have Police Scotland as the main forum with the old Force specific ones as sub-forums?

If I'm reading what Bart has written correctly then yes when you click on the Police Scotland forum, the old forums will show (either above or below the current Police Scotland topics) but will be locked to further content.

Mmmm - I think it would be better if they were just locked and stood on their own.

The Forces ceased to exist for April 1st when Police Scotland was created and I would rather they were left as separate forums if that is possible Bart.

The final decision will be made by admin on the set up of the forum.

Hi all,

I have my final interview this week and just finishing up my research I was wondering if anybody has had theirs in the last 2 weeks, if so I would like to know how much they asked on police scotland as I applied under Strathclyde police. I am not to sure and have been learning both and am happy with what I know but just want to cover every possiblitiy. I am also interested in how police scotland has affected other previous scottish forces other than strathclyde. Any help will be appreciated very much, Thank you.