Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

kenworthy

I doubt Officers get away with this over here!

I doubt Officers get away with this over here!

whats that meant to mean? 8 of us going to the same job or the shooting? haha.

In all seriousness he would not have been shot over here. I doubt he would have even been taser'd. Despite all the bad press about police here we are very good at our job and dont like to see people in meltdown. They are generally talked around by some old arse off the section. We dont have the safety net of guns and even tasers are hard ot come by.

regarding our american colleagues. I fully understand why they shoot 1st then taser. The ammount of them which are killed each year is frightening and when you think "them or me." I would make sure I was going home that night to see my family.

The officer isn't American, he's Canadian. Also, he hasn't got away with it, he's been charged with second degree murder.

Video can be a damning piece of evidence when only seen from one point of view. There is a bigger story to what had happened prior to Police arrival but that has not been widely covered as the anti establishment and anti Police crowd are screaming for blood. The whole situation is all about the Officer and not why he was called there or what developed prior to the first shot.

No probably wouldnt have happened in UK, but what I remember of UK, 9 out of 10 times, the bronze had no backbone and would send the ARV miles away so the individual had no chance of meeting any armed officers. Leaving us poor unarmed shield weilding plods to deal with crazy person with two kitchen knives etc.

There is an investigation into the incident and I hope the officer manages to get a fair hearing in court, because as usual he is guilty prior to proven guilty according to many media and anti Police crowd.

What appalled me was that the Chief didnt even seem to publicly offer his support to his officer or his family, but he has seen and met with the dead lads family a few times and promised answers.

Like many of us both here and in UK, the Officer didnt ask to go to that call or go looking for it. He was dispatched and he had no choice but to deal with it. I do feel for the lads family, hes dead, but circumstances brought him into contact with Police and it ended bad for all involved, both families are affected forever.

Gun is just another tool on the belt, unfortunately front line dont have tasers yet, but who knows at that point if it was a good option? we dont know because we were not there just like all the armchair quaterbacks were not either, and suddenly they see a video and make huge statements of knowledge.

I hope all of you my brothers and sisters in UK stay safe and give a thought for this officer and his family too.

Just watched the first video by TYT, wow!! crappy terrible and biased reporting and this is the problem with the whole situation.

Had to stop watching as they start to go on about the kicking out of view on the streetcar and lethal force part. Like they know anything except whats on TV shows. But this stuff hits millions of people and the court of public opinion gives their verdict!!

WOW!! Love to see a few of these moronic reporters and journalists do our job. Maybe open more eyes for once!?

Take care people.