Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

pspdavie

Attitudes Towards Male Rape

Attitudes towards Male Rape

Ethics Code: IPHS-1314-LB-206-Male Rape

Hi,

My name is Phil Davies and I am a final year undergraduate psychology student at the University of Liverpool. I am currently preparing to undertake a research project into attitudes towards male rape.

I would like to recruit serving Police Officers to take part in this piece of research. The research would take approximately twenty minutes to complete and would involve completing a Male Rape Myth questionnaire, consisting of 22 questions, which will assess how much you disagree or agree with the statements. In addition, you will be asked to read a fictitious vignette depicting male rape, before answering eight questions on your perception of the event. The questions will assess how much you disagree or agree with the statements. Finally, you will be asked to complete a short demographic questionnaire. If you were to participate, the study would be conducted securely online.

The only criterion you must satisfy in order to participate is that you are a serving Police Officer, aged 18 years of age and over and speak fluent English. If you choose to participate, you will receive a full and comprehensive information sheet detailing the study protocol after which you may choose to continue participation or withdraw your interest in the study.

I would be very grateful if you were able to help me by participating in this research. If you’re interested in taking part in the study please contact me by emailing p.davies2@liverpool.ac.uk. The research will be approved by the University of Liverpool ethics committee and be supervised by Dr Freya O’ Brien. If you would like to contact Dr Freya O’Brien, you are welcome to do so, by emailing f.obrien@liv.ac.uk.

Thank You

Phil Davies (undergraduate researcher).

That's not Phil Davies...

I know, it was kind of like, well, one of them 'joke' thingys, you know?,.... Ahh, nevermind.