Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

carlycam

PVG (Discloure) Check - Fixed Penalty Notice

Hello,

I will shortly require undertaking a new PVG (enhanced disclosure) check for continued registration to a professional body. I have a problem in that I recently received a Fixed Penalty Notice. I paid this straight away and was told that it didn't constitute a criminal conviction or mean I would have a criminal record. However, I've started to worry about this and am seeing mixed information online.

On the Scottish Government website, I found this information:

Non-conviction information (Access to this information is by virtue of section 49 of the PVG Act)

Information which the chief officer of a relevant police force thinks might be relevant to the regulated work carried out by a scheme member. The information may relate to civil orders, fixed penalty fines, pending cases or police intelligence. Non-conviction information can also appear on those enhanced disclosures that will remain under the 1997 Act. (available at http://www.scotland.gov.uk/publications/2009/11/05140540/10 ).

This would lead me to believe that the FPN could show up on my PVG. Other sources I have found states it would only appear if a police constable dealing with it found the information relevant to include.

I also saw another post on this forum of a person in the same situation who was trying to ascertain if a FPN would show up on their Disclosure. Someone replied they believed so and another replied they didn't believe so. I would really like a definitive response so I can stop worrying... or start worrying more, I guess. Any help on this matter would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Thanks for your input but I'm not sure. Non-conviction information should only be provided by police force if relevant to the position. It definitely isn't relevant. In any case it wouldn't stop me from doing my job, I just don't want it disclosed due to embarrassment really...

As an existing PVG Scheme Member I would only require an update, which doesn't show any new vetting information such as non-convictions. It would simply state if there was any new vetting information. I also found some information that stated I could dispute it if it did show up due to it not being relevant. So to my understanding, it wouldn't make sense to disclose non-relevant information.

What does "AFAIK" mean?