Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

swkirk

Application timescale

Ok, since I have looked and been so far unable to find the data I'd have found helpful when considering applying I thought I'd supply what happens to me.obviously assuming I am sucessful this will be for the full process. I will put up the timescale for things happening with the application process and although EVERY APPLICATION WILL BE DIFFERENT and so the timescale may be different for each individual (along with internal MDP pressures on recruitment adding or reducing) it will hopefully give anyone interested a rough idea of how long things take and let them prepare better.

So here it is so far:

1. Application submitted (by post): 17th February 2015

2. Email confirming Application Received: 24th February 2015

3. Email advising assing of pre-sift pass and requesting submission of vetting form (by email) within 5 days received:17th March 2015

4. vetting form submitted be email:19th March 2015

so we are today 4 weeks and six days since application.

I will let you know when i hear anything new.

• Like 1

Good info. Will watch with interest.

On a similar note, I wonder if anyone who has got through to training (or further) can advise on the time frame between initial application and doing the medical. I need to get my fitness level up a bit and want to make sure I dontnapply too early and end up doing a medical before in ready.

I think it was around 3 months from application to assessment and fitness for me. Only fitness we did was 7.6 bleep test..... From super fit to unfit its passable. Couple of jogs here and there before you go should be fine. You get stopped at 7.6.

For the fitness test I would strongly recomend training. I trained by doing 20 x 20seconds sprint 10 second rest on the treadmill (takes 10mins). Passed quite easily and would of gone higher had I been able too

• Like 1

Yeah I'll still be aiming for more than that beep test level. You said they stop it there but I'd prefer to be at a high level of fitness for the job, not just at a passable level.

Sorry for dragging the thread off topic a bit.

You won't be allowed to run on from 7.6, as the Force can't be liable for injury past that point.

• Like 1

You'd think they'd want to know what you're capable of though

Surely there's a difference between absolutely scraping a pass and a comfortable pass

If you reach 7.6 you will pass. In the army if complete a BFT or CFT they don't tell you to keep going after you pass to see how far you can go till you give up.

No, but they do tell you to run the PFA (replacement for BFT) as fast as you can.

Don't get me wrong, I'm more than happy that it's only 7.6! However I thought maybe they'd be interested to see how fit you are. At the Army selection centre on recruitment you run the test as fast as you can, not just to scrape the pass mark.

So once you get to training I take it they will see how fast you are? (people have mentioned getting scores to apply for TSG)

The problem though is if you reach 7.6 and there is no need to go further there is an issue of corporate responsibility. If an injury occurs and the session is supervised by MDP Officers they and the force could face litigation. So why should they do it? If the applicant just makes 7.6 or cruises to 7.6 it doesn't matter they both have reached the required standard.

Fair one. Hadn't though about litigation issues!

1. Application submitted (by post): 17th February 2015

2. Email confirming Application Received: 24th February 2015

3. Email advising assing of pre-sift pass and requesting submission of vetting form (by email) within 5 days received:17th March 2015

4. vetting form submitted be email:19th March 2015

5. Notified paper sift passed and invite to AC: 25th March 2015

6. Confirmation of attendance at AC returned: 26th March 2015

7. Assessment centre: 29th April 2015

• Thanks 1