Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

bekka2325

Merseyside

Hi,

I'm aware there is another query on Merseyside's recruitment but I can't comment as it's showing as locked.

Is anyone still waiting for news from the most recent recruitment?

I've got a really horrible feeling that it's going to bad news as others have interviews already and mines still 'shortlisting'.

The only communication I've had was the week after recruitment closed they requested pics of a small tattoo which I sent and I know is fine as it has been before.

Just wondered if anyone else was still shortlisting and waiting for news or any opinions on this would be helpful.

Don't think I could put myself through this process again if it fails, devastating everytime :(

Thanks in advance

That topic was locked because of in topic sniping, you haven't missed much. ;)

Bart- Yes it got a bit silly and i would be the first to put my hand up if i had done anything wrong,however there were immature comments towards myself by a future Police Officer. I had to question his intentions,reasoning and response towards me? Absolute baffling, if thats the sort we letting through god help us. You will tell me drop it or move on and I did but the person in question invaded the thread the 'I' opened and continued the spat. From my point of view its finished and its end of matter as previously stated.

Now moving on.....Bekka- Dont worry about it the people who you are referring to have more than likley just transferred their assessment centre scores like myself. It has only just gone 2 weeks since the window closed for applications, you will need to wait at least 3 weeks. My previous application to West Mids was a total farce, I waited 4 months to hear that i passed the paper sift! 1 month for a telephone intervies then 5 months for an assessment centre! So try be a little positive you dont know anything yet ; ). All the best !

Bart - I guessed as much when I saw some of the comments! Children ? Haha

Martyj - thanks for that, it's made me a little more optimistic. I've made it to interview before so I'm kind of confident that my application is good enough.

I'm so impatient at the moment but then I don't enjoy my current job,

You're right in saying I don't know anything yet, it's not a fail until it says it's a fail! Thanks again for the encouragement, good luck with the recruitment process. Fingers crossed for us both ??

I am awaiting an assessment centre date, hope I find out soon so I can work it around my current job!

Edited by H8217

Theres an assessment centre running on the 26th April.....you not on it?

I have been invited to an assessment centre in May

I contacted recruitment today as many of you have either had interviews / awaiting interviews or at assessment centre stage.

The advised that they are waiting to send off the competency based questions to be marked as they are marked by an independant company...... there's still hope then!

Hi All,

I've booked my assessment centre for 08:00 27th May. My friend done his last week. The recruitment team seem to be doing it in batches. My friend said there was around 25 during on his day.

Apparently MerPol received 1700 applicants so quite a few to get through.

Good luck everyone!

Hi All,

I've booked my assessment centre for 08:00 27th May. My friend done his last week. The recruitment team seem to be doing it in batches. My friend said there was around 25 during on his day.

Apparently MerPol received 1700 applicants so quite a few to get through.

Good luck everyone!

I think the assessment centre that was last week was for internal applicants (PCSO's, specials) .. not 100% sure though, I just know that they are being processed faster than external candidates. Whether that means there will just be an earlier intake I'm not sure.

I think they're after taking on around 200, which is quite a lot. Good luck with the assessment centre.

• Like 1