Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Steers

CNC assessment , is it different to SEARCH ?

Hi all, 

Firstly fantastic forum, very helpful down to earth people on here. I was wondering is someone could clear up a query I have (since HR services seem inundated queries it's talking a while for them to get back) . 

I've been invited to the assessment centre (undisclosed date unfortunately), so decided to get a jump start on prepping. Is the CNC assessment centre different to SEARCH? 

Reason I ask , I've heard a few rumours of a firearms segment, but nothing concrete.

Also for my own curiosity, is there any other ex- forces in the process of joining or joined? 

Any insight would be greatly appreciated,

Steersy

Hi, I have not yet attended the assessment centre myself but a friend of mine has and explained it to me. It is different to the SEARCH assessment as it is more specifically tailored to the CNC role and consists of 4 sections:

Fitness Test- This is just the bleep test (15 metres) to level 7.6 .

Competency Interview- I believe the interview is centred around the police core competencies, previous experience and your motivations to join the police.

Written exam- This involved watching a situational video and writing a report based on your observations in the video.

Firearms assessment- This is just a basic introduction to firearms to ensure you have the correct dexterity and also involves some basic weapons handling to show that you can follow commands and handle the firearms safely- there is no live firing involved.

I hope this helps but as I said I have not yet been to assessment myself so if there is anyone who has already attended they may be able to provide more accurate information. Good luck :)

Seb97, brilliant pal really helps to get a rough idea what's up coming . 

Good luck today yourself! 

No Math test?

14 minutes ago, Moopheus said:

No Math test?

Nope no maths test. Just the 4 main events are fitness, firearms , interview and written test. 

On ‎30‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 11:39, Steers said:

Nope no maths test. Just the 4 main events are fitness, firearms , interview and written test. 

Excellent passed the SEARCH assessment for Merseyside about 7 Months ago and found the Maths was a little tricky.