Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Chetwind

CNC Recruitment 2017 - Has anyone heard anything?

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and it has already helped out a great deal with lots of questions I had to ask, but, I was wondering if anyone else applied in December 2016??

I have had one email asking for confirmation of my tattoo's and to send details/pictures, I haven't had any correspondence since. I have tried calling HR numerous times to no avail.

Has anyone had any further correspondence regarding assessment days etc?

Max

Hi Chetwind and welcome to the forum.

The papersift timescales seem to vary quite a lot from person to person but here is my correspondence timeline so far:

29/08/2016- Application submitted and automated confirmation email received.

07/12/2016- Email received with confirmation of successfully passing papersift but no info on assessment dates.

06/01/2017- Email received outlining assessment dates and time slots.

09/01/2017- Email received confirming assessment booking.

10/01/2016- Email received explaining assessment day events and requirements.

As you can see it is quite a lengthy process and the recruitment team seems rather busy at the moment with so many stations recruiting. I did not personally contact them at any point but many others on the forum have and it seems they have managed to squeeze some info out of them. Hope this helps somewhat and just hang in there :)

• Like 1

Finally received email confirming the days events for the assessment. 
This was followed by an email with the medical documents. The problem I now face is two different forms: 
One that needs to be seen and signed by my doctor. 
The other one is a visit to the opticians for a report in my eyes. 
Now the only day off for me is the day of the assessment. So it is virtually impossible for me to complete these and take with me, let alone complete and post them to the required address. 
Another call to them tomorrow to see if I need to postpone my assessment. 
Anyone else had similar trouble or do u think I can do the day without the forms and send them asap after?

20 hours ago, bodkd said:

Finally received email confirming the days events for the assessment. 
This was followed by an email with the medical documents. The problem I now face is two different forms: 
One that needs to be seen and signed by my doctor. 
The other one is a visit to the opticians for a report in my eyes. 
Now the only day off for me is the day of the assessment. So it is virtually impossible for me to complete these and take with me, let alone complete and post them to the required address. 
Another call to them tomorrow to see if I need to postpone my assessment. 
Anyone else had similar trouble or do u think I can do the day without the forms and send them asap after?

Hi bodkd,
In my case the email said to documents have to be returned in the same way you got them (via email). First you need to get an appointment with optician and get the test done - this takes about 30min for the test itself and cost me i think £11. Then you fill out the rest of the forms and take it all to your GP and ans nicely to get this done pronto! You don`t need to ne there for your GP - they do it for you and are nice enough to charge you another £40 for two signatures and 5min of their time (i think). And thats you done. So all you need is to fit the opticians in and you sorted. good luck!

Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated. My problem was I have no time off to drop off anything to the doctors due to my shifts and getting to opticians is impossible before the day. All been sorted though after a call to them today. I will be getting them done after my assessment day because they have admitted it's their fault for sending the forms out too late in my case. 

ah, must be first time ever a customer service/HR of any company admitted a mistake :)
makes a nice change tho...

Thanks for all the help. I am just getting frustrated with the wait and hearing nothing.

Max

Just got the email today confirming I`ve passed my AC :D
Still got medical and firearms and vetting stage to go thru...and the wait continues.

Congrats!! How did you find it??

I still haven't head anymore correspondence since the email regarding my tattoo's on the 5th January 2016! 

The wait does continue!

Max

Actually, I haven't heard anything since the email on the 22nd December 2016!... I asked for an update on the 5th Jan 2017 but they sent a generic reply, most likely a robot..

1 hour ago, jinxxx said:

Still got medical and firearms and vetting stage to go thru...and the wait continues.

That's great news for u. When did u have the A/C?

Bodkd - thanks! had my AC on the 17th Jan,
Chetwind - It was pretty straightforward and for most of the things you get much more time than required. I would give them a call and chase this up if I was you.

I only completed my application on Jan 23rd, so fingers crossed will get an email regarding assessment dates soon.

Closing date has now passed so things may start happening a bit quicker......

On 31/01/2017 at 4:38 PM, jinxxx said:

Well done, that's great to hear! I'm still awaiting the results of my AC but will hopefully receive the outcome soon. So did you do fitness, interview and written at the AC and you've still firearms to do at a later stage? just wondering because mine was all on the same day but then again my AC was held in Scotland so they have to travel up here specifically for the assessments.