Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

just wondering when is the next course pencilled in for?

I know nothing is set in stone until a few weeks before hand, but I see that September has been mentioned a few times here, but an actual date could be useful (as I am looking at going on holiday in august and wouldn't want to miss the phone call)

It will be early September but we don't get confirmation until a week or so before contract issue as to what vacancies we have & if the course will go ahead. Contracts go out late July so your holiday won't get in way. If you are on the course you will have some distance learning to do though. You are best to contact our team with questions like this, as answers on here aren't always correct 

Edited by MDPREC
  • Like 1

So is anyone on here hoping to be on the September course (if its happening). Where do you all want to be based? I was down for assessment centre in February, just curious to see if anyone I met whilst down there, got in. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, potential recruit said:

Hoping to find out this week what vacancies are available on the course. :-)

Yeah hopefully hear soon. Been a log process, understandably, but seems worse now just because it's so close. Already counting the days down until I can hand my notice in at my job lol. 

• Like 2

I'm in the same boat as you guys, just hoping to find out soon. I didn't have my final interview until early June so not sure what the chances are of getting into the September start,  but fingers crossed. Wherever I get posted i'll need to relocate so lots of planning ahead to do! 

5 hours ago, potential recruit said:

Hoping to find out this week what vacancies are available on the course. :-)

Any reason to suggest it'll be this week? It would be useful to know so I can start planning. Even knowing what date in September it's penned in for would help!

Scratch that. I understand recruitment are running a SEARCH this week so should hear sometime next week if you're up next for Sept course. This of course is just my understanding and its worth checking with your recruiter about your own application status. Oh also last I heard they were looking at 11th Sept as a start date but that may have changed since I last spoke to them.

Edited by potential recruit

4th Sept, we are out running an assessment so it won't be until next week that we get confirmation of the course 

26 minutes ago, MDPREC said:

4th Sept, we are out running an assessment so it won't be until next week that we get confirmation of the course 

Does that mean we won't hear till next week regarding offers?

Correct. We have to wait for course to be confirmed & vacancies confirmed!  If it's going ahead contracts should be going out after 21st 

• Like 3

Thanks MDPREC! Am I right in saying then we will get a call next week to notify what our posting is and then have all this confirmed when contracts are issued on the 21st?

• Like 2

Still have to get course confirmed. I hope we'll be ringing those being allocated by mid week with an offer of location. More flexible people are in accepting more likely you are to start obviously 

• Like 2

Hopefully the course goes a head as planned. Looking forward to getting a call sometime this week hopefully.