Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

MOD_Hopeful

September 2017 course

Thought I'd make a new thread for everyone who has been selected to start on the September intake. Hopefully use it as a place to speak to our future colleagues before we meet them. 

Luckily I got the base I had wanted, so to say I'm chuffed is an understatement. I hope everyone got what they wanted. 

Anyway, hope to speak to some of you, and looking forward to getting started. 

• Like 1

Anybody going to Portsmouth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Was that one of your preferences? I was so happy to get Faslane as I think at the time I applied there wasn't really much space at either of the Clyde bases, and living only 50 mins from both, it was perfect. 

Coulport for me. Was very unexpected because I didn't think there would be many vacancies there and I thought I'd be having to wait until the next intake anyway. 

Does anyone know what mobile networks tend to work best down at Wethersfield? I'm on O2 which has worked fine when I've been down but might be changing.

• Like 1

I'm heading to Portsmouth 

See you there!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Hi, I got my 2nd choice of Burghfield....cant wait to get started passed my search back in November 2016 so been waiting a while :)

Look forward to meeting you all

Cheers, Damo

• Like 1

O2 & Vodafone work best at Wethersfield! EE is rubbish 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Privateryan76 said:

Hi, I got my 2nd choice of Burghfield....cant wait to get started passed my search back in November 2016 so been waiting a while :)

Look forward to meeting you all

Cheers, Damo

Congrats mate m, that's good you got something you were happy with. I agree that it has been a long wait, but I'm sure it'll be totally worth it. I applied last July, then done assessment centre on Feb and starting on this September intake. Suddenly it all feels so real now. Absolutely buzzing to getting started tho. 

• Like 1

I'm happy to have got Portsmouth as I'm relocating and have family there. Better choice for me than AWE but I do regret not getting issued with c8 as it's an ally wee weapon with more punch than an mp7.

1 hour ago, potential recruit said:

I'm happy to have got Portsmouth as I'm relocating and have family there. Better choice for me than AWE but I do regret not getting issued with c8 as it's an ally wee weapon with more punch than an mp7.

Good stuff mate that your happy with your base. What date were you doing for the assessment centre? I was the wed and Thur of the assessment week in February. I probably met a few people off of this site. 

Best case scenario you never have to fire the weapon in a real life scenario anyway! ?

• Like 3

That's absolutely true and I think its a real testament to our firearms officers here in the UK when compared to many other places in the world that so few of our firearms officers have ever had to discharge their firearms in anger.

• Like 1