Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  
1TILL5

Mental heath in probation

Hello;

In short I believe I've had mental health issues, won't go into it but I genuinely  don't think it effects to my job however it's been going on and off for years now so i feel I should speak to someone.

basically i'm not sure whether it's best to go to my own go or go through occupational health. i'm in 2 mind: on one hand I think if i go through occ health I  might be able to get help off work if i ever need it. On the other hand I fear any adverse diagnosis could effect my probation, as "not mentally" fit for job is one of ways probationers can get dismissed; also I got involved in a VERY MINOR discipline matter a few months ago, this involved a off duty incident, a senior officer asked me i "needed" help however the manner in which he said  this was flippant,  

A

Apologies for bad spelling. Sent this by accident whilst I was reading through it again.

12 hours ago, 1TILL5 said:

Hello;

In short I believe I've had mental health issues, won't go into it but I genuinely  don't think it effects to my job however it's been going on and off for years now so i feel I should speak to someone.

basically i'm not sure whether it's best to go to my own go or go through occupational health. i'm in 2 mind: on one hand I think if i go through occ health I  might be able to get help off work if i ever need it. On the other hand I fear any adverse diagnosis could effect my probation, as "not mentally" fit for job is one of ways probationers can get dismissed; also I got involved in a VERY MINOR discipline matter a few months ago, this involved a off duty incident, a senior officer asked me i "needed" help however the manner in which he said  this was flippant,  

A

Hi I would recommend you speak to the Police Federation as soon as possible about your issue. All conversations are private and they can give you the correct advice if needed. I've seen a leaflet at work which identifies that the Federation offers advice on these types of issues. You have a duty of care to yourself and you must take care of your personal wellbeing. If you need any advice just send us a  private message.