Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Recommended Posts

this is a long and complex case where the police have failed numerous times over the past 2 years.

IOPC is currently investigating and i will talk with them next week so i am looking for advice on police procedure i could mention.

last summer my eldest daughter was assaulted and it resulted in a head injury. the police took photos and interviewed her. after 2 months of doing nothing the perpetrator took the victim out of the country. the 6 months investigation limit ended and they dropped the case.

2 years ago my youngest who was 2 at the time was violently knocked unconscious by the same perpetrator. the perp lied to the police about her suffering from a "medical condition of dizziness". i have a letter from her doctor that says she is perfectly healthy. my older daughter witnessed the event and described to CAFCASS as being "very violent"

habitual slaps to the face of the eldest resulted in permanent hearing loss in 1 ear. my daughter also told cafcass about this and around 1 month later her fears were confirmed in a routine school hearing test.

the same perp held a knife to my face in a threatening manor. the perp admitts it happened has told numerous wildly varying lies, all on paper, about what actually happened. I have also recently received a thinly veiled death threat by email.

there have been at least 4 times the children have told the police about violence. the criminal and victims are now in another country in the EU and i cannot seem to make the police there take it seriously.

there are many more violent incidents but that gives a general picture. is there anything i can point out in police procedure to bring the criminal to justice?

thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any advice on a specific area of law is from either currently-serving UK police officers, and is offered to the best of their ability, or from members of the public who are perhaps aspiring to be serving police officers and may not hold the necessary level of knowledge to provide such assistance or by any other member who may offer their opinion. Either way such advice can only be treated as an opinion and nothing more. Members should look for the Verified Members Badge that appears on the posters name as advice from members holding this badge are verified police employees. The information is based on their own individual experiences, expertise and training. It is stressed, however, that if any information or advice found in these forums is used by any person or organisation, then the respective police officer(s) and staff can not and will not take any responsibility for any outcome in any investigation in a criminal or civil enquiry. Any advice or opinion offered is to the best of the individuals knowledge and ability based on the information you have supplied, and we will stress that we will never be knowingly misleading or untruthful in content.

[*]Please note, we do not offer advice or assistance in order to avoid penalties that you have incurred or maybe pending. [*]Such requests are deemed to be of an Operational nature and against our main Forum Rules. [*]You should always seek Legal Advice from a Qualified Solicitor in the event of any impending prosecutions or other involved legal matter.

Administration Team UKPoliceOnline

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/02/2018 at 11:38, misterm said:

this is a long and complex case where the police have failed numerous times over the past 2 years.

IOPC is currently investigating and i will talk with them next week so i am looking for advice on police procedure i could mention.

last summer my eldest daughter was assaulted and it resulted in a head injury. the police took photos and interviewed her. after 2 months of doing nothing the perpetrator took the victim out of the country. the 6 months investigation limit ended and they dropped the case.

2 years ago my youngest who was 2 at the time was violently knocked unconscious by the same perpetrator. the perp lied to the police about her suffering from a "medical condition of dizziness". i have a letter from her doctor that says she is perfectly healthy. my older daughter witnessed the event and described to CAFCASS as being "very violent"

habitual slaps to the face of the eldest resulted in permanent hearing loss in 1 ear. my daughter also told cafcass about this and around 1 month later her fears were confirmed in a routine school hearing test.

the same perp held a knife to my face in a threatening manor. the perp admitts it happened has told numerous wildly varying lies, all on paper, about what actually happened. I have also recently received a thinly veiled death threat by email.

there have been at least 4 times the children have told the police about violence. the criminal and victims are now in another country in the EU and i cannot seem to make the police there take it seriously.

there are many more violent incidents but that gives a general picture. is there anything i can point out in police procedure to bring the criminal to justice?

thank you

If you know where they’re going wrong then feel free to tell them where they’ve gone wrong. They’ll be grateful of the feedback.

On a sidenote, how have you protected the children?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

" how have you protected the children? "

i have tried everything humanly possible but let down by the police and social services every time. Family court seems to be a place where lies and slander are treated as fact and the real facts are dismissed to fit with the judges preconceived notion of the case, and is not the correct venue to deal with child abuse and domestic violence in the first place.

social services say that child abuse is a "private law matter" and the police go above and beyond in their efforts to do nothing.

recently found the 'victims code' and NONE of the processes outlined in that document have been followed by the police in the numerous crime reports over the past 2 years.

I have been constantly targeted by the abuser who continues the abuse towards the children unhindered and without consequence.

I need the police to make it stop but they just do nothing, this is why i asked here if there is something in police procedure that i can bring to their attention.

thanks for the replies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 02/03/2018 at 11:17, misterm said:

" how have you protected the children? "

i have tried everything humanly possible but let down by the police and social services every time. Family court seems to be a place where lies and slander are treated as fact and the real facts are dismissed to fit with the judges preconceived notion of the case, and is not the correct venue to deal with child abuse and domestic violence in the first place.

social services say that child abuse is a "private law matter" and the police go above and beyond in their efforts to do nothing.

recently found the 'victims code' and NONE of the processes outlined in that document have been followed by the police in the numerous crime reports over the past 2 years.

I have been constantly targeted by the abuser who continues the abuse towards the children unhindered and without consequence.

I need the police to make it stop but they just do nothing, this is why i asked here if there is something in police procedure that i can bring to their attention.

thanks for the replies

All vague and nothing specific then. What offences are to saying has taken place, by whom to whom and when?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the offenses are far from vague and very specific which i can prove to a criminal standard, this is however a public forum otherwise i would be giving names, addresses, times, dates etc.

domestic violence, coercive control, fraud, theft, identity theft for fraudulent purposes, death threats on me.

almost all forms of child abuse ranging from gbh to excessive and fanatical cruelty towards my children.

all the same perpetrator.

the problem is that the police go out of their way to do nothing about it, hence i am asking on a police forum if there is a way to force the police to do their job and stop the abuse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/03/2018 at 19:01, misterm said:

the offenses are far from vague and very specific which i can prove to a criminal standard, this is however a public forum otherwise i would be giving names, addresses, times, dates etc.

domestic violence, coercive control, fraud, theft, identity theft for fraudulent purposes, death threats on me.

almost all forms of child abuse ranging from gbh to excessive and fanatical cruelty towards my children.

all the same perpetrator.

the problem is that the police go out of their way to do nothing about it, hence i am asking on a police forum if there is a way to force the police to do their job and stop the abuse.

Yet again vague allegations nothing more. Go to the IPCC or if your so sure you can prove it in court make a private prosecution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Sectioned Detection said:

Yet again vague allegations nothing more. Go to the IPCC or if your so sure you can prove it in court make a private prosecution.

judging by your attitude i am guessing you are a police officer. thank you for letting me know about private prosecutions, perhaps it is up to me to do the police's job for them.

a small taster just for you,

on 26th january 2016 at around 8pm the perpetrator violently knocked our 2 year old daughter unconscious. this was witnessed by our 9 year old daughter who described the event in detail as being "very violent" in a CAFCASS report. The perpetrator told the police on 14th march 2016 that the 2 year old had a medical condition of dizziness known to her doctor. on 12th february 2016 the perpetrator had obtained a letter from her doctor saying that the 2 year old has no health problems. on 5th may 2016 the perpetrator claimed in a court document that the 2 year old had just fallen unconscious because she had been shocked when the perp walked into the room.

In the same cafcass report made on 26 april 2016 the 9 year old described habitual slaps to the face and had concerns that her hearing had been damaged. 12th may 2016 a routine hearing test at school revealed that her hearing had indeed been damaged, in the same ear she described in the report.

on 6th february 2016 at around 6pm the perpetrator walked into the kitchen where i was standing, picked up a large knife and held it to my face in a threatening manor with a deranged look in her eyes and whispered "this knife cuts good". the perpetrator then put the knife down and acted as if nothing had happened. on 5th may 2016 the perpetrator claimed in a court document that she was 'simply preparing food and did not mean to frighten me'. on 14 june 2016 the perpetrator claimed in another court document that it was 'a joke'.

on 27th july 2016 the (then 3 year old) was being assaulted by the perp and her elder sister intervened to try to stop the attack. the eldest was then hit in the face 3 times. this was recorded on video.

many many more incidents.....

12th july 2017 a court ordered psychological assessment diagnosed the perp with narcissistic personality disorder and declared that i had been a long term victim of narcissistic abuse. the youngest told of habitual slaps to the face at bed times by the perp. the eldest repeated for a whole hour that she wanted to get away from the perp into the safety of my care and the psychologist said that being with the perp has caused psychological damage.

on 2nd august 2017 the perpetrator assaulted the eldest daughter after she had been very unwilling to go with the perp. this was witnessed by myself and another individual. the police took photo's of the resulting head injury and interviewed my daughter where she described in detail the violent assault.

15th november 2017 the eldest told me during a phone call (that has been recorded and a transcript made) that she had been physically assaulted again by the same perp.

it goes on and on and on like this, over 2 years worth. there are photo's, video's, phone recordings, court documents, police documents, text messages, emails, letters etc etc...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, misterm said:

judging by your attitude i am guessing you are a police officer. thank you for letting me know about private prosecutions, perhaps it is up to me to do the police's job for them.

a small taster just for you,

on 26th january 2016 at around 8pm the perpetrator violently knocked our 2 year old daughter unconscious. this was witnessed by our 9 year old daughter who described the event in detail as being "very violent" in a CAFCASS report. The perpetrator told the police on 14th march 2016 that the 2 year old had a medical condition of dizziness known to her doctor. on 12th february 2016 the perpetrator had obtained a letter from her doctor saying that the 2 year old has no health problems. on 5th may 2016 the perpetrator claimed in a court document that the 2 year old had just fallen unconscious because she had been shocked when the perp walked into the room.

In the same cafcass report made on 26 april 2016 the 9 year old described habitual slaps to the face and had concerns that her hearing had been damaged. 12th may 2016 a routine hearing test at school revealed that her hearing had indeed been damaged, in the same ear she described in the report.

on 6th february 2016 at around 6pm the perpetrator walked into the kitchen where i was standing, picked up a large knife and held it to my face in a threatening manor with a deranged look in her eyes and whispered "this knife cuts good". the perpetrator then put the knife down and acted as if nothing had happened. on 5th may 2016 the perpetrator claimed in a court document that she was 'simply preparing food and did not mean to frighten me'. on 14 june 2016 the perpetrator claimed in another court document that it was 'a joke'.

on 27th july 2016 the (then 3 year old) was being assaulted by the perp and her elder sister intervened to try to stop the attack. the eldest was then hit in the face 3 times. this was recorded on video.

many many more incidents.....

12th july 2017 a court ordered psychological assessment diagnosed the perp with narcissistic personality disorder and declared that i had been a long term victim of narcissistic abuse. the youngest told of habitual slaps to the face at bed times by the perp. the eldest repeated for a whole hour that she wanted to get away from the perp into the safety of my care and the psychologist said that being with the perp has caused psychological damage.

on 2nd august 2017 the perpetrator assaulted the eldest daughter after she had been very unwilling to go with the perp. this was witnessed by myself and another individual. the police took photo's of the resulting head injury and interviewed my daughter where she described in detail the violent assault.

15th november 2017 the eldest told me during a phone call (that has been recorded and a transcript made) that she had been physically assaulted again by the same perp.

it goes on and on and on like this, over 2 years worth. there are photo's, video's, phone recordings, court documents, police documents, text messages, emails, letters etc etc...

 

 

So what reason has been given as to the lack of prosecution? As it’s easier to arrest and seek CPS advice than do nothing in DV incidents. So I’m struggling to believe your account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So you've reported these cases to the police and at least some of them have found their way to court. The family court is involved as are Social Services. You are not happy with how things have panned out so have complained to the IOPC.
What is it you hope to gain by putting your side of a complex issue to some random unknown people of dubious backgrounds?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sorry i though this was a forum where you could ask questions about the law and the police. Not a lot of point repeating the question again i see.

thanks anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sorry i though this was a forum where you could ask questions about the law and the police. Not a lot of point repeating the question again i see.
thanks anyway

No. It's a forum with a policing interest but you don't know the knowledge or background of people contributing.
If you had a medical concern would you speak to a pharmacist or doctor or would you find an online forum and ask random people about your pain/lump/rash?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Reasonable Man said:


No. It's a forum with a policing interest but you don't know the knowledge or background of people contributing.
If you had a medical concern would you speak to a pharmacist or doctor or would you find an online forum and ask random people about your pain/lump/rash?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’ve clearly never been on Mumsnet have you?!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/03/2018 at 09:01, misterm said:

sorry i though this was a forum where you could ask questions about the law and the police. Not a lot of point repeating the question again i see.

thanks anyway

You can repeat the question but you’re missing huge parts out of the account which makes it impossible for people to give a reasoned answer. Your first post implies the police are not interested the next sugggests the matter has made it to court.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You’ve clearly never been on Mumsnet have you?!

No. I hadn't. But you interested me so I had a look.
Wow! Just Wow!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites