Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

recon1

Keeping cool or warm

Hi, I'm due to start training this month and i was wondering what equipment you use for keeping cold in summer and warm in winter. Any general tips would be good

In summer do you use any base layers or anything to help with sweating. What is the best way of keeping cool and dry? 

In winter how do you keep warm and what do you wear underneath? Do you get too hot when going back in doors or is there a way to combat this? 

Thanks for the help.

1 hour ago, recon1 said:

Hi, I'm due to start training this month and i was wondering what equipment you use for keeping cold in summer and warm in winter. Any general tips would be good

In summer do you use any base layers or anything to help with sweating. What is the best way of keeping cool and dry? 

In winter how do you keep warm and what do you wear underneath? Do you get too hot when going back in doors or is there a way to combat this? 

Thanks for the help.

The tops you’ll get will wick sweat...but that means you’ll stick pretty quickly. Your body armour keeps you warm. Yes it gets hot indoors but you get used to it.

Ah, i didn't realise the standard tops did that. Thanks. 

Unfortunately it’s a fact of life of policing being too hot or cold! I know some people wear thermal base layers in the winter but I find that’s far too warm when you go into people addresses/police stations! Not really a way of keeping cool other than the cars A/C 🙂

which force are you starting with? 

Yeah, I did think it would be something you would have to just get use to. 

I'm looking forward to joining the ranks of GMP very shortly.