Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Tomca

Q on wasting police time and restraining order breach

My neighbour was given a suspended sentence and retraining order two months after being found guilty for his harassment offenses against me.

I had a letter from the police last week saying they had tried to contact me over a report that I was abusive to someone at a time I wasnt there but at my fathers. The person who accused me of this was the neighbours girlfriend, but the report came from the neighbours house (the letter was specific in saying the reported incident happened at their address.)

After writing about my concern over it on facebook, a friend then sent me a screen shot that shows the neighbours girlfriend boasting about making the allegation.

This was early a false allegation to the police made out of malice.

My investigating officer is on holiday until the end of the week but Ive report all this to 101.

Q- can the neighbours girlfriend be in trouble for making this malicious allegation?

Q - will this count as indirect contact from my neighbour/breach of restraining order, as the allegation came from his house, effectively using the police as a third party to harass me, creating indirect contact?

I meant 'two months ago'

Any advice on a specific area of law is from either currently-serving UK police officers, and is offered to the best of their ability, or from members of the public who are perhaps aspiring to be serving police officers and may not hold the necessary level of knowledge to provide such assistance or by any other member who may offer their opinion. Either way such advice can only be treated as an opinion and nothing more. Members should look for the Verified Members Badge that appears on the posters name as advice from members holding this badge are verified police employees. The information is based on their own individual experiences, expertise and training. It is stressed, however, that if any information or advice found in these forums is used by any person or organisation, then the respective police officer(s) and staff can not and will not take any responsibility for any outcome in any investigation in a criminal or civil enquiry. Any advice or opinion offered is to the best of the individuals knowledge and ability based on the information you have supplied, and we will stress that we will never be knowingly misleading or untruthful in content.

[*]Please note, we do not offer advice or assistance in order to avoid penalties that you have incurred or maybe pending. [*]Such requests are deemed to be of an Operational nature and against our main Forum Rules. [*]You should always seek Legal Advice from a Qualified Solicitor in the event of any impending prosecutions or other involved legal matter.

Administration Team UKPoliceOnline

I understand

34 minutes ago, Sectioned Detection said:

A,  No

A, No

How come? Isnt wasting police time an offense?

A Yes
A possibly.
As with everything it’s down to what can be proved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Tomca said:

How come? Isnt wasting police time an offense?

It’s only your opinion that it’s malicious and it would need to be proved for it to be taken further. Otherwise EVERY time someone’s found not guilty the person making the complaint would get charged with wasting police time.

But the screen shot of their post on facebook showed them boasting about it

2 hours ago, Tomca said:

But the screen shot of their post on facebook showed them boasting about it

Boasting about the allegation you said nothing about boasting about it being malicious.

16 hours ago, Sectioned Detection said:

Boasting about the allegation you said nothing about boasting about it being malicious.

Lol making false allegations out of spite to cause upset is malicious.

Dictionary:

malicious. (məlɪʃəs ) If you describe someone's words or actions as malicious, you mean that they are intended to harm people or their reputation, or cause them embarrassment and upset. That might merely have been malicious gossip.

You need to discuss this with the officer who has been dealing. You are not going to get a satisfactory answer by drip feeding information into an on line forum.
This situation has clearly brewed over several weeks or months and won’t be resolved by a few short posts about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know. My officer is still on leave so I just needed someone who understood more in law to give an opinion.....then this became about what malicious means 🙂

I havent gone into more detail because google shows these forum posts in public searches and Id like to lesson the chance of my neighbour being tipped off, while really needing somewhere to raise it.

8 hours ago, Tomca said:

Lol making false allegations out of spite to cause upset is malicious.

Dictionary:

malicious. (məlɪʃəs ) If you describe someone's words or actions as malicious, you mean that they are intended to harm people or their reputation, or cause them embarrassment and upset. That might merely have been malicious gossip.

Yeah thank for that. 🛎 end!

• Like 1